Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SW Update Notification

Professor
Vaidovesta

SW Update Notification

Just noticed that my N8 doesn't have a SW update notification, though it's turned on? My friend's C7 has this and just received a Maps Suite notification, whilst I had to go check if it's available, and it's there.

Anybody knows how to check?

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Your phone polls the servers at random intervals (once, maybe twice a day)... if it was constantly checking this would drain the battery and also cause extra data usage. So each phone will check every now and again to see if there are updates available and will notify if there are.

In this instance your friends phone just checked before yours did... by opening the update app you have forced it to check for an update hence why it has now appeared.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

It also didn't show when Lotus Notes Traveler update was available.....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@Vaidovesta

Have to decide whether you want to write off 20MB of phone memory upon your N8 updating to Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 now!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

@aspergerguy

Lol, It's not about that, don't see much difference from the BetaLabs version, so I'm keeping it. My problem is that my phone doesn't notify me of these things when they become available for download.....

Regards,

V

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Check the access point that the in-built software update app is using... it may be that you need to change it to "Internet".
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

These have always been my settings since I can remember... Check image....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

OK, it was worth checking :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Mobile data is always on, so that shouldn't be a problem as well..

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.