19-02-2012 9:50 - edited 19-02-2012 9:53
Please read a copy of my letter to Nokia!
I would like to start by saying how dissappointed I am in the new Symbian Belle operating system. I downloaded the upgrade on my phone yesterday, and have experienced many unsatisfactory problems.
1) Firstly, the upgrade from Anna to Belle was not good. After upgrading, the transition between screens was very slow and unresponsive. Most of my apps did not work. During transition of screens, strange images appeared. To resolve this matter, I had to carry out a factory restore on my phone, and then reinstall Belle. It was only after this that the operating system seemed to be operating properly.
2) I also had to contact my mobile provider (Vodafone), so that they could manually set up my internet connection. It was not working after the upgrade.
3) I also had to contact Kaspersky software support, because my security software that I have from them is not supported for the Belle OS. This was very annoying, as I had to install the software several times, and the only way to make the internet on the phone work, was to carry out further factory resets! (Total of about 5 hours of time wasted)
4) I would also like to point out that I think that the screen transition on my N8-00 was faster using the Anna OS, than it is using Belle OS! In your advertising it states that Belle is supposed to give you a better experience! To summarise, the whole experience has been a complete waste of my time, and not worth it. I have also lost money, because some of the apps and software I have purchased for my phone is not compatible with the Belle OS. To give you an example, I enjoyed having a Gmail App on my phone, and this is not available.
In my opinion, you are not providing a good service for your customers.
I have been a Nokia customer for many years, but am finding that Android and iphone products seem to offer better and more professional experiences. I would be grateful for you thoughts on this matter.
19-02-2012 9:54 - edited 19-02-2012 9:59
Thank you for getting back to us.
In response to your concern on your whole experience using the Symbian Belle software, to begin with, we would like to inform you that upon updating your phone Nokia Suite will notify you for all the changes that will happened on your device. Including your internet setting and major factor will be the availability of the application, as you are running on a new software certain application may not be available and compatible on your phone. Kindly refer to this site below for reference:
You may also refer to the software update disclaimer link below:
Kinldy be informed that the reason why we are asking you the transaction ID for us to be able to provide you further assistance on this matter and rectify your concern about the Kaspersky Internet security application. On the other hand, as you have stated that you had purchased it more that two to three years it will not be showed on your NOkia Account 'My Stuff' tab to be able to redownload it. However as it is not also available on Nokia Store it is not compatible on your new software.
Please also check the following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia N8-00:
- Have up to six home screens with live widgets in different sizes - Personalise your home screens with home screen widgets and shortcuts - Get where you want to go quickly with the help of simpler menus - See notifications and your connectivity options on any screen - Customise your lock screen with wallpapers and important info - Get improved apps for navigating, imaging, and browsing the web
With regard to your query on always restoring the factory settings because of unresponsive screen and slow transition of your homescreen, we suggest that if the issue still persist please bring your device to the nearest Nokia Care Point (NCP) for assessment and repair. Please take note that the warranty terms and conditions will apply, thus the repair will be subject for approval. To find the list of NCP's near your place, please visit our website by referring to the link below:
Please note that taking your phone to an NCP, requires a copy of the proof of purchase. The proof of purchase can be either of the following items:
1. Receipt when the phone was purchased. 2. Contract from the operator indicating the IMEI/Serial Number of the device. 3. Delivery note sent with the phone in post containing name/address, date supplied and IMEI.
After having a copy of proof of purchase of your phone and backing up your files, your phone should now be ready for repair.
On the other hand, we seek for your deepest understanding on this matter. We understand your frustration on regarding this we thank you for expressing your preference to us as this gives us much insight on how to develop our products. Be assured that we will be giving your suggestions the due consideration that it deserves as your opinions and preferences are important to us. Please do not hesitate to give us a feedback.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
If you have any other inquiry do not hesitate to contact us again.
THIS IS NOT CUSTOMER SUPPORT............SIMPLY AVOIDING THE REAL ISSUE......SYMBIAN BELLE OS HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY TESTED!
If you just visited the
you will discover that for each country and for each different CODE PRODUCT of your mobile phone there is a different version of the software !
That means that Belle can work fine for a person that is lucky enough or very bad for other. The reality is that there is not ONE SOFTWARE but hundreds of Belle software different versions.
When I discovered such a thing I was very disappointed because I thought we all where waiting for just one software. In reality there are thousands of software each of them with a different bug that would require a new software version just for that model-country-code product.
For this reason it would have been very very difficult for Nokia to come out with hundreds of new software tested and working fine and this is the result: many bugs and problems that they will not be able to fix.
All the new OS of nokia will be a flop: there will always be some model or country with some problem.
Thanks for info.....
PS I upgraded from Symbian Anna to Symbian Belle using the Nokia Suite software update feature. I presumed that this would assign me the correct version of the upgrade?