Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sat Nav voice over FM transmitter stopped working

Sat Nav voice over FM transmitter stopped working

Phone N97 Firmware 20.??? I have just upgraded from nokia maps 2.0 to version 3.0. Prior to this if i had my music playing and the sat nav giving me voice directions over the fm transmitter in my car the music would be stoppped while the voice read out the instruction over the radio speakers, this would then revert to the music playing over the fm transmitter again, oh how perfect it was. Now unfortunatley after upgrading to nokia maps 3.0 when my sat nav decieds to give me verbal instructions all sound is taken from the fm transmitter and comes from the phones internal speaker (not via my car stereo) and to top it all of it doesnt even shut down the music that is playing so i have to try and decipher the sat nav instruction over the music, is anybody else having this problem or is it just me and more to the point how do i fix it. many thanks for any suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Sat Nav voice over FM transmitter stopped working

same problem here

Please use plain text.
J_80

I now also have the same irritating problem, here's my setup:  

n97 rm-505 0585262

v21.0.045

ovi maps v3.04.

1) I have the music playing over the fm-transmitter, primarily to prevent the fm transmitter from timing out and switching itself off, which is another annoyance.

2) I then flash up ovi-maps, as soon as ovi-maps plays any sound, whether voice or safety camera warnings etc, it plays ALL sound through the phone speakers including music, whilst the car stereo goes completely quiet.

This phone is perfectly capable of running both satnav sound and music simultaneously over the fm transmitter, and must be a software issue, but is a fix within the capabilities of a user or do we (joe bloggs in the street) have to wait for a software update either through ovi-maps or the phone firmware?

If it's the latter, then i'll be withdrawing a pension when it happens, as my n97 handset is vodafone branded (I & many others have been waiting for 5 months for them to finish wrecking nokias update), and i'm very reluctant to risk bricking it through debranding. Vodafone must either have their priorities elsewhere, or they need a fire lit under their **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pcmarsh

This feature is not currently supported by Nokia Maps. (despite it being included in the previous versions of Ovi Maps)

Many Betalabs Users have been requesting this feature for a long time.

To add your support, please join nokia beta labs (if not already) and support the following post:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite-2-0/suggestion/48288/voice-navigation-over-fm-transm...

It is interesting to note that somewhere in the Nokia chain this request has been denied. I have suggested a petition from us (users) may give the Nokia development team the support they need to gain approval for this.
Mobi Developer | Wap-2-Go Mobile CMS - www.wap-2-go.com
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

@pcmarsh

Can you check the link to the betalabs post please, I get a 404.

Ta :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pcmarsh

Apologies, that link didn't appear to work (and I can't edit the post?)

Link should be:
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite-2-0/suggestion/48288/voice-navigation-over-fm-transm...
Mobi Developer | Wap-2-Go Mobile CMS - www.wap-2-go.com
Please use plain text.