Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Satellite view of map not available Nokia 5800

Advisor

Satellite view of map not available Nokia 5800

I have updated to the latest version of Nokia Maps.  However, when I switch to satellite view, I do not get the satellite view.  I have downloaded India map to my handset.

Sree 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matoco1

use google maps for sat view. download at m.google.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I think thats not a solution mataco1.

I use map loader and has loaded my map.  Still it does not show satellite view !!

Sree 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

you need a internet connection either through WLAN or GPRS. i just used it on WLAN and gives me all the iamges correctly
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NewStar

But i don't use GPS when i'm in home ,,, so i need satellite view on phone without internet connection.

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

You do need an internet connection for Satellite View, it is downloaded on demand, not loaded with map loader.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

satellite view on phone without internet connection

Impossible    same as all the Arial view maps need internet  .

jje

Please use plain text.
RAMAN_N86

Hi Sreevalsan ..Exactly same problem i am facing...please tell me if you have any solution now...

i have one more problem exist that when i complete download india map everything is Ok and it shows that india map is in your phone but when i disconnect my mobile and reconnect my phone then it always shows to download india map..and also not shows the satelite view even i also download a low size country map which is zimbabwe and it works perfect with satelite view and also shows everytime map on phone when i connect my phone to computer .i am not understanding what to do please help anyone :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

1. There seems to be some problem with the latest maps update.. Though the phone has Street Level Maps for India (...and there is one such report about Saudi Arabia) its not listed as installed on the phone.. Same problem with me but not a big deal as the maps are ACTUALLY present in the phone and you can use it for navigation without ANY problem...

2. The Satellite View is not available for all the countries.. India is one of them..

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Maps are working fine on my Nokia 5800..

However, the push mail has started giving some problem for the past one week...

Sree

Please use plain text.