Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Security Code Issue Upgrading to BELLE Anyone with...

Advisor
ahxsisu

Security Code Issue Upgrading to BELLE Anyone with the same problem?

My N8 prompted me for Security Code during the upgrade and every time upon power on or reboot after upgrade. Try both my old security code (which i save a copy in my computer and therefore can not be mistaken) and the default 12345, both failed. And now it's like a route that i have to be welcomed by the security code interface every morning at power on, which is sooooooo annoying, anyone with the same issue, and any tips to get rid of it?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Re: Security Code Issue Upgrading to BELLE Anyone with the same problem?

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA137557_en_US

Just saw this, it may be of use to you.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahxsisu

Didn't work, thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Nokia Suite clearly states that you should not touch your phone during the update even if the phone asks for language or security code. Just leave it alone and wait for Nokia Suite to tell you that the installation has finished.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Trisherbell

I have exactly the same thing, I have found though that it tells you the code is wrong but then isn't bothered and hi can use my phone as normal. I didn't touch my phone during the update so for me was nothing to do with that.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vava505

I am facing the same problem, I upgraded my E7 to Belle. After that everytime I restart my mobile, it required a security code and it gives code error message and start working..

Very Strange and I think its a bug of the Belle Softare, hope Nokia will release patches to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
chunkylilly

i had same problem here in south africa. i updated from nokia site ans it asked for code everytime. i went to my vodacare shop and they advised me to let them do the upgrade. well after that upgrade no more security code with startup. they recon there might be a problem with the software that is available on the web. my upgrade was free. hope this help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kayo

I Have the Nokia 701 with the same problem, When i start up it asks For a Security code, I put in the Default one,Says Code its the Wrong code and works fine... Tried Re installing the Software but Apparently it doesn't  Solve the problem.

I am hoping its a bug, Hopefully a Patch will fix it, but i might just send it back to the Store for a new one

Please use plain text.