Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Series 60 3rd Edition Japanese Input

Contributor

Series 60 3rd Edition Japanese Input

Hi
I posted a similar topic about this for the N70 but plans didn't pan out as originally intended and it wasn't required.
I'm planning to return to the UK and I am looking at phones for my return. I've used some variant of Series 60 for the past 4 years and would quite like to continue.
Is there any way (third party or otherwise) of getting a 3rd Edition phone running an IME for Japanese text with Japanese font?
2nd Edition phones can run applications by Psiloc however I've contacted them and they have stated that they are not intending on upgrading these applications to 3rd Edition in the near future.
I really need a phone that I can enter Japanese into, any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I can't help I'm afraid but I'm also looking for a Japanese IME for my N95.

It would even be a good stopgap to be able to read Japanese.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Psiloc.com has what you need, but the software is not perfect. There's also a more native thing (closer to the original way Japanese is input on Japanese phones), but I don't have the link right now.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Update... :smileywink:

You have the full procedure explained here:

http://erwan.jp/2008/10/29/japanese-input-on-s60/

I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will.

I hope it works on Nokia N95.

Cheers.

Moderator note: one external link removed. All external links must be to sites in English, you are welcome to repost the link if the page has an English version available.

Message Edited by michaels on 13-May-2009 04:19 PM
Please use plain text.