Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Skype SIP Settings for Nokia N8

Counsellor
rnkhch
Accepted Solution

Skype SIP Settings for Nokia N8

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the SIP settings on Nokia N8 to use Skype for making VOIP calls (in the same way that is possible for Voipcheap and Voipbuster)?

I know that I can use the Skype app, but I was hoping to integrate Skype in the phone contacts just like I do with Voipcheap and Voipbuster.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Skype SIP Settings for Nokia N8

@rnkhch

Unfortunately not as SIP = Open protocol is completely different from Skype which AFAIK uses Proprietary protocol.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rnkhch

Thanks for the explanation!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
agergec

It should be possible via Skype Connect which is a service for SIP PBXs. It works with SIP clients but it requires 5 bucks for each outbound channel.

Please use plain text.