Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Skype on N8 : mobile crashes and restart

Counsellor
My_N8_Issues

Skype on N8 : mobile crashes and restart

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am using Skype for quite some time on my new N8 which is updated to Anna. But getting a crash issue all the time after 25 min or so. The mobile crashes and restart. It happen all the time and then have to relogin. I tried to clear as much as i can from phone memory and 93MB is free now. But of no use.

Any help with this.

Can we expect video call from Belle? :smileyhappy:

Thanks

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated. You can also help others by marking 'accept as solution'.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Video call in Skype will not depend on Symbian Belle, or any Symbian version, but on what the developers of Skype change in their client.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

Its lame if they dont add the video call to the Nokia symbia 3 versio of skype. Nokia should then help them make it work
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

I'm sure that if Skype would need help for developping this, Nokia would help them.
I'm afraid it's their choice, not to include it in the client, nothing Nokia can do about that. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
My_N8_Issues

its quite inconvenient to hold one of the top series of nokia smartphone and yet not video calling compatible.

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated. You can also help others by marking 'accept as solution'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinots

Hi,

I'm having similar problem with skype, causing my phone to crash and restart by itself after using voice call for about 1 hour.

I have checked my phone memory, there are 120mb free memory, so i believe it should not be a problem with the phone memory. 

When I was still using Symbian Anna, the phone restarts after using 1hour of voice calls. Now, I have updated to Symbian Belle, and it restarts around 45mins of voice call.

I need to know what is the problem and solve it asap, it is annoying to have the phone restarts when we are in the midst of conversation. Thanks.....

Please use plain text.