Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sports tracker N95

Advisor

Sports tracker N95

Download the software from

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/download.do

Everytime I try to install I get the message 'continue installation from device' but the phone gives me a message 'file corrupted'. It's a N95 phone only a couple of weeks old.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

Re: Sports tracker N95

download it from your mobile as opposed to the internet,

you can download it by visiting

ea.mobile.nokia.com/ea via your phones browser.

then once page has loaded click downloads then click on application, and look for the sports tracker.
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.
Advisor

same thing 'file corrupted'
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've emailed the technical support from their web site but no reply. Does anyone have an email address or telephone number for Nokia support?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

BUMP

Me neither. Tried downloading straight to my mobile and also via PC. File corrupted both times.

Anyone help out there?

Thanks
G

NB. Using an N95 from T-mobile still restricted to v14 if that's of any consequence!?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I gave up and downloaded gpsed from gpsed.com
works fine.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You could look at latest Beta version here:

http://research.nokia.com/research/projects/SportsTracker/index.html#download

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look there now.

Tried that one too Scooby - thanks for the help - more concerned I can't install new stuff as opposed to just specifically the Sports Tracker!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Everything else works fine. There's a problem with sports tracker. I did get a response from the tech support but it wasn't any help just more download locations. GPSED works fine as long as you download the most up to date version, and if your using it for training and in the UK try great trainer's gps software http://trainingroom.taketothestreets.org/
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Apologies for being a bit un-techy...

Does this just require installing the application and then you get all of the info from it including, speed, distance, time and a log of where you've been? It doesn't require anything else to be downloaded or installed?

Shame the sportstracker won't install on so many peoples' phones, looks like a decent application. No reason's been given I assume?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Tried the take to the streets one, looks pretty good so far. Can't seem to use the MP3 player whilst it's working though.

Still nothing back from mokia as to why sportstracker doesn't install on some models? Is it because we're hamstrung by being limited to v14?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I can use the mp3 player while using great trainer or gpsed but the battery lasts 2 1/2 hours, and the gps isn't exactly reliable when running, it gives silly speeds and the routes are all over the place, and the gps seems to find and lose satellites randomly. I've been using it for running now for about 3 weeks and so far the only accurate complete route I've got was when I drove round in my car.

I should say I used to be able to use mp3 player because my music player won't open now, and the camera will take pictures but won't save them, this phone is rubbish.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

We took an N96 for a 26 mile cycle today any have to say sports tracker was very impressive. Even showed where we'd crossed the street

10/10
Please use plain text.