Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sub Folders in Symbian Belle making the menu s...

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd
Accepted Solution

Sub Folders in Symbian Belle making the menu slow!!!

Hi,

I have about 200+ apps and games installed on my Nokia 701(On mass memory and memeory card).

Making subfolders in the menu and moving menu items to that folder and adding that folder to the homescreen is a cool option, but navigating between subfolder and main menu takes significant time.

If you enter subfolder it takes time and when you press back again it takes time untill search button appears! We cannot even scroll untill it appears. Why the phones lagging in scrolling?

Also i cannot scroll the mail widget!

I mean you cannot scroll continuously, if you try to scroll continously every other scroll attempt makes the scroll to stop!!! 

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Sub Folders in Symbian Belle making the menu slow!!!

Hi,

I've  the Nokia 700 and have no problems at all with different folders (Have also many apps in different folders).

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitro701

is your scrolling overall the screen slow and sluggish ....????? because i have this problem and gave my phone to nokia service and even they were unable to fix it...!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Menu scroll problem has been solved already through software update. Current new version is fp2.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
majednaser2

I have been updated my software tofp2 and the problem didn't solved what should i do now ???? Plz help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi Majednaser2,

probably time for you to make a fresh install of FP2, by re-installing the firmware thru Nokia Suite, and also not carrying your contents over. Only backup important things such as messages, contacts etc, but leave the apps, and copy photos and videos to your PC. by doing a fresh install, the phone's performance will be greatly increased and more reliable. in some cases, battery life may go back to the way it was before the firmware update.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.