Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SMB on Anna - broken?

Advisor
JPCoetzee

SymSMB on Anna - broken?

Has anyone got SymSMB 4.00.61 working on Symbian Anna?

I can browse from Phone->Network, but not Network->Phone. On the PC, MyPhone appears in the Network Neighbourhood but when I try and browse the phone I get a message "MyPhone is not accessible".

Is there any alternative software that allows me to browse the phone over Wi-Fi? Please don't tell me about Dukto, Nokia Drop, USB connections etc etc - I know about all those! I want to browse the file system over Wi-Fi.

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
iluvchucks26

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jan10028

Since symbian belle or nokia belle, the app myExplorer does the smb job just fine :-)
I can copy anything between a USB stick I hocked up to the router and then to the phone. Eg the new music from my tablet to the USB stick and then to the phone and bingo :-)
jan (N8 previous 5800 XM, E51, E65 and Banana)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

JPCoetzee > but when I try and browse the phone I get a message "MyPhone is not accessible"

Please, do not use this forum to discuss your problem with illegal software usage.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JPCoetzee

We are not discussing illegal software usage.
Please use plain text.