Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian - Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Counsellor
PiElle

Symbian - Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

If I have to say the truth, I surely prefer Symbian over WP.   :smileywink:

I've got an E6-00 (with Anna) and I ordered a new 701 (with Belle) which is due to arrive tomorrow.   :smileyvery-happy:

I hope Nokia won't drop Symbian.

Any how, I'd like to know: is possible to exchange data between the two operating systems via Ovi Suite?

In particular, is possible to copy stuff like contacts, agenda events, and notes between the two phones?   :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You could use Ovi Sync or use the phone switcher that is built-in.  Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Data Transfer -> Phone switch

That has been built-in since S60 3rd Edition FP0. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

He's asking about synching Ovi/Nokia Suite with a windows 7.5 phone.

This isn't possible with other windows 7.5 phones and I doubt it's currently supported,

It may be in the future, look for further anouncements closer to the time,

For the moment Win7.5 phones use Zune for syncing media

for your contacts your best organising your windows live acount and organising from there

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

synth_fg wrote:

He's asking about synching Ovi/Nokia Suite with a windows 7.5 phone.

Seems to me that even if the subject of this thread mentions "Symbian" and "Windows Phone", the question really was about synching data between an E6-00 and the new Symbian based Nokia 701 that the original poster has coming (not about doing it between the E6-00 and the Windows Phone based Nokia Lumia 710).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

Excuse me, if I was unclear.  :smileyindifferent:

The question is really about synching data between an E6-00 and a Nokia Windows Phone, either Lumia 800 or 710!

This is because I own an E6-00 and a 701.

So if one day I'll buy a Lumia (or another Winfows phone) I'd like to exchange data between the Simbyan and Windows phones!   :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

At the moment it's unknown,
You can't currently sync directly between a symbian and windows phone from another manufacturer, but nokia may provide a switch app or upgrade nokia suite, tho nobody appears to know for sure

Otherwise for contacts the quick way is copy to a sim and use this to port them,

Media can be done via a pc,

messages can't be done in any easy fashon at the moment,

basicly watch this space
Please use plain text.