Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Transferring of double albums to Nokia 5800

Transferring of double albums to Nokia 5800

Hi,

I have a problem with transferring of double albums to my 5800 xpressmusic. The Ovi player divides the music by discs (disc 1; disk 2), but when I transfer the music to my phone it just puts it all into one folder.

So, now I have the following order of the songs in my phone: song 1 (disc 1), song 1 (disc 2), song 2 (disc 1), song 2 (disc 2), and so on...all in one folder... it's pretty irritating.

Has anybody had a similar experience, and how do you deal with that?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Transferring of double albums to Nokia 5800

Well personally I dont care, since I play all my songs in shuffle mode anyway. But one solution is that in tagging your music, when you write the album name (I use TagTuner), you specify if the disc, say for Matchbox 20's Exile on Mainstream, the Disc 1 tracks' album is labelled as Exile on Mainstream (Disc 1), and the second disc is labelled as Exile on Mainstream (Disc 2). Its pretty annoying but personally, I dont mind. I rarely open the albums folder in the music player anyway.

Cheers ^_^ 

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Hi, I have about 80 albums on N97, and two things I do are to Find album info on windows media player before transferring, and also edit the album there to Disc 1 and Disc 2, I also use drag and drop to put the folders onto E in the music folder and then refresh > Also before you do any of this check the properties of the album folder are not marked as 'read only' otherwise any changes you make will not apply. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Thanks. I'll try it both ways.
Please use plain text.