Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Turn of the startup sound

Thort
Accepted Solution

Turn of the startup sound

Hi!

I want to turn of the music that's playing each time a turn my N8 on. The music I hear when the two hands are joining together. Also the sound I hear when the pin code is accepted.

I can't find the setting for this in the menu of the telephone. I'm thankful to get some help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Profile personalization..Warning Tones.. set to OFF

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

farby wrote:

Profile personalization..Warning Tones.. set to OFF

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​---------------------

Note of caution for new user, disabling warning tones is just that so you will not get "low battery" notification.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

touch the screen as soon as you see handshaking(keep on tapping (clicking )the screen even before it comes up) and as soon as you enter code.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

silent the phone before turn it off.

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I just have my warning tones turned to off in my profile 'General' ! I usually notice if my battery bar is running low and prefer the phone not to announce itself on start up !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Thort

Thanks farby! It worked! No more sound from my telephone during startup. Good! :smileyhappy:

And thanks to all of you for the additional information!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You are welcome.. Happy to help..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cros57

Thanks for your help Great!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.