Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Tutorial on key combo for N97 Hard Reset.

Counsellor
ajitem

Tutorial on key combo for N97 Hard Reset.

Press Shift, Space, Backspace(Delete) and On Key Simultaneously. You will know that it has worked when you will see the screen to select country of origin. Cheers !

Regards

Ajitem

If this post was helpful, please 'click' the Kudos! button.
My Phone History
6030 -> N70 -> N95 8GB x2 -> N97 -> N8 | E7
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Tutorial on key combo for N97 Hard Reset.

It really works for me............thnx
Please use plain text.
Advisor

it didn't work for me.. any other suggestions?

I can only see the lil' white light next to the plug in charger when I charge it using the USB. (lost my wall charger). Aprox after 10 min of charge , the phone turns on, but it does not goes beyonbd the nokia logo. 

I cannot even see the battery bar indicating that the phone is being charged.

pls help, I dont want to send it to nokia repair center, as I am afraid of loosing all my information and all the gamas and apps that I bought from the OVI Store, Which I am certain Nokia will not give me refund for that :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
shahan1

hi

from the above mentioned steps the phone works fine but all the contacts and message are gone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

you must backup your phone before hard reset as hard reset WIPES all your data .... i don't know how he forgot to mention this !!!!!!!!!!!!

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

This has been posted probably at least a couple of thousand times on these boards. Totally pointless.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.