Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: U.F.O. in N8 notification bar

Counsellor
dohouch
Accepted Solution

U.F.O. in N8 notification bar

[ Edited ]

This type of icon  is not in manual, is it maybe connected to non- working Skype?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cdRlTX73LLQ/T_MFjhvoOeI/AAAAAAAADaw/X4PiNcig1po/s288/N8%2520Notif...

PC:Win7 SP1 64Bit,Nokia Suite: v.3.6.36
Phones:
808:059M934 - SWv.:113.010.1507
N8 :059C5Q8 - SW v. 111.040.1511

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sabbyj

I think it means that your DLNA server is activated and/or connected. go to Settings->Connectivity->DLNA Server and see if it's enabled.
Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dohouch

2 sources, Nokia support & allaboutsymbian claim it's wifi scanning, BUT Settings>Connectivity>WiFi has Wi-Fi is off, no networks showing and along the bottom there are 4 icons, 2nd from left is WiFi icon (radiating symbol) with a red diagonal line through it.

Now there is no no native DLNA on this phone, or step by step me to where it is. Thanks.
Phones:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

dohouch wrote:
2 sources, Nokia support & allaboutsymbian claim it's wifi scanning, BUT Settings>Connectivity>WiFi has Wi-Fi is off, no networks showing and along the bottom there are 4 icons, 2nd from left is WiFi icon (radiating symbol) with a red diagonal line through it.

Now there is no no native DLNA on this phone, or step by step me to where it is. Thanks.

It looks like the icon for the Smart installer application. Have a look in your applications folder for that app and if present, open it to see if there are any pending applications to be installed.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DoctorLove

You may have installed "Belle Extra buttons". If so, see settings of the app.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dohouch

You got it.:thumbsup:@DoctorLove _ "You may have installed "Belle Extra buttons". If so, see settings of the app"

Found it myself before I got back here now.

2 things :

1,/ this app has been on the phone for about 3 weeks and I did not change this setting, so it set itself.

2nd/  thing, I was not aware , 3rd party apps can add icons to notification bar

And why do people suggest that ( including official Nokia support) that this is WiFi scanning, HAVE THEY SEEN an icon for WiFi scanning? I've been through the manuals for 701, and 808 and N8 , there is no icon for WiFi scanning!

Also nowhere does it show an icon for DLNA, it does look a bit like the old installer icon in Symbian S60 v3.cwo

Official Nokia support suggested "Hard Reset and Reinstall" that is one way to get rid of everything alright and spend an hour or two resetting >HUH

DoctorLove wrote:
You may have installed "Belle Extra buttons". If so, see settings of the app.

Phones:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sabbyj

Suggestions are to help people. Without looking at your device we can only speculate. But some people do not give enough credit to help and support. Also, not everyone uses the Extra Button app, so not everyone would be able to tell you precisely, but that doesn't mean they didn't want to help you. On these forums, if someone couldn't give you a solution then at least make note of the intent.
Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lockheedmartin

When u installed Belle Extra Buttons, it ll show this icon there after installation u might have not noticed it :smileytongue:  .......

Sandeep
Please use plain text.