Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to install Ovi Maps 3.1 on N81 8gb

Counsellor
blackbagz

Unable to install Ovi Maps 3.1 on N81 8gb

One of my older phones i've recently upgraded it to the latest firmware v11.0.045 RM-179.  I've been trying to install the latest ovi maps onto the phone but keep getting the error insufficient disk space.  So far I've removed most of the installed demos off the c-drive that i know won't be used, but i've only managed to get upto 8mb free from a whopping 25mb c-drive!!

There isn't a c-drive cleanup program like we have on the N97 either.  I've installed DrJukka to see what's on the z-drive but i've no idea what to clean up.  I've removed all cache and privacy stuff from internet too. 

Anyone out there have any positive ideas on how i can free up some more disk space?

Thanks in advance.

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have am having exactly the same problem. I tried a full reset of the phone (wiping the C drive clean, basically), updated the latest firmware, and it STILL won't install. very frustrating.

hopefully Nokia will release an update. being able to choose the location for the instal would be ideal :smileyhappy:

McFly

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

also where do you store your messages ?

go to messaging - options- settings- other set it to 999 and memory card or mass memory (in your case would be mass memory) and see if this helps any 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanjayd68

[ Edited ]

I am unable to get the free navigation working on my N81 8GB.  I have tried multiple times to format and load nokia maps which loads maps 3.1 on the mobile phone.  I am doing this using Map updater and map loader.  Whenever I start a navigation the phone needs to go online to the shop and then takes me to the page to purchase a 1 month or 1 year subscription.

When the navigation is free then why pay.

I purchased a bluetooth gps device to connect to my phone so that I could use the free navigation but cannot use it.

Can I get the ovi maps 3.3 sis for mobile  by email.  I have been trying to get the free navigation for almost 2 months after purchase of the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
keep_it_simple

[ Edited ]

I have the standard maps app but huge areas of the UK have detail missing.

I'd like to update either the app or maps but the support>Download Software>Nokia Map Loader link takes me to the ovi maps page where apparently the N81 8GB is not supported!

What a joke. I'd raise a query but the "Ask Nokia" "email" page (which isn't email, it's a form) times out.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Apple for a number of reasons but I have an iPhone and it is so, so easy to download and run applications. This disfunctional Nokia tat is just not cost effective in terms of my time.

Please use plain text.