Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to login to facebook and twitter throug...

Advisor
George001
Accepted Solution

Unable to login to facebook and twitter through Social Network

I am unable to login to facebook and twitter through the Social Network utility. The error I receive is: "Incorrect userid or password. Try agin. Tip: Password is case sensitive". I have verified that my username/password are correct and I can connect to facebook and twitter through the Web icon. I am also able to access my OVI account online with my N8 successfully. Can someone please help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Friederike81

Re: Unable to login to facebook and twitter through Social Network

Hi, I have the same problem! Did you manage to solve? Help appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
George001

I ended up sending them a note, but this is what I got (which did not resolve it but wped out my email configurations so I had to setup my mailboxes again):

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that you may clear the privacy data of your Nokia N8-00. To perform this please follow the steps below:

1. Press the “Menu” button.
2. Go to “Web”
3. Click on “Options”
4. Choose “Clear Privacy Data”
5. Lastly select “All”

If the issue still persist we suggest that you perform a soft reset on your device. To do a soft reset, please type in the reset code *#7780#. The lock code is needed which is 12345 (if not changed).

We also suggest that you check any available updates on the social networking application on your device. Just go to Menu > Applications > SW update.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

Just an idea. Do you have any "special characters" in your password - anything other than letters and numbers. I just tried changing my twitter password to include a "-" and got the same error that you are getting.

Sorry, please ignore that suggestion. I realised that i mistyped it when I tried to log in.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Advisor
George001

Thanks for the suggestion. The password is letters and numbers with a mixture of caps and small letters, no extra characters. But I went ahead and changed it to straight letters with the first letter being in caps. Same result. I can login fine through a regular browser on the phone but not through the Social Networks icon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolibop

i also ran into the same problem...can't login for some reason
Please use plain text.
Advisor
George001

Here is what Nokia support is saying:

We are sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that you may need to re-install the software of your phone as it may help settle the issue you are encountering.

Kindly follow the procedures below to re-install the software of your phone via OVI suite.

Please note that it is important to back up your files first before you re-install the phone's software for you not to lose the data stored in your phone.

I have provided below the link for you where you can download the OVI suite.

http://www.nokia.ca/get-support-and-software/product-support/ovi-suite

Once you have the OVI suite installed on your computer, here are the steps on how to back up your files on the OVI suite.

1. Connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. Your device may ask you how you want to connect. Select “PC Suite” and then select “OK”.

2. In Nokia OVI Suite, select “Tools” then select “Backup”. Nokia OVI Suite reads your device and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.

3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, select “Browse” and choose another location.

4. Select “Start” to begin the backup. Do not disconnect or switch off your device during the process. If you need to stop it, select “Stop”. Nokia OVI Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the back up. Click “Finish” to close the backup wizard.

Once you are done saving a back-up for your phone, you may reinstall your phone's software.

Here are the steps on how to re-install phone's software

1. Once you have connected your phone to the OVI suite, click on the software update icon (a square containing a green arrow).

2. If there are no updates available on your device, search and click the word “Re-install”.

3. Follow the on screen instructions to re-install the software.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you provide us the information listed below so we can escalate it to our Central Technical Support.

1. IMEI. You can get your IMEI by dialing *#06# on the home screen or by switching off your device and removing the battery where you will see the IMEI printed on a white sticker. You may also refer on the sales package.
2. Callbcak number and best callback time.

Thank you nokia but I'm not doing this.

Good luck,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolibop

I figured out the problem...had to enable apps in facebook privacy settings.  Works now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
George001

Awesome! It worked for me too. Thanks for figuring this out. Kudos to you sir.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
4mula1

Where at in the Facebook settings is this found? I can't seem to find anything about enabling apps.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
George001

The problem is resolved by enabling Apps in facebook privacy settings:

Account,
Privacy Settings,
Apps & Websites: Edit Your Settings,
Apps you use: Edit Settings,
"Turn On" all platforms,

This resolved the problem.

Good luck.