I am unable to login to facebook and twitter through the Social Network utility. The error I receive is: "Incorrect userid or password. Try agin. Tip: Password is case sensitive". I have verified that my username/password are correct and I can connect to facebook and twitter through the Web icon. I am also able to access my OVI account online with my N8 successfully. Can someone please help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I ended up sending them a note, but this is what I got (which did not resolve it but wped out my email configurations so I had to setup my mailboxes again):
In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that you may clear the privacy data of your Nokia N8-00. To perform this please follow the steps below:
1. Press the “Menu” button.
2. Go to “Web”
3. Click on “Options”
4. Choose “Clear Privacy Data”
5. Lastly select “All”
If the issue still persist we suggest that you perform a soft reset on your device. To do a soft reset, please type in the reset code *#7780#. The lock code is needed which is 12345 (if not changed).
We also suggest that you check any available updates on the social networking application on your device. Just go to Menu > Applications > SW update.
2011-06-20 16:36 - edited 2011-06-20 16:43
Just an idea. Do you have any "special characters" in your password - anything other than letters and numbers. I just tried changing my twitter password to include a "-" and got the same error that you are getting.
Sorry, please ignore that suggestion. I realised that i mistyped it when I tried to log in.
Here is what Nokia support is saying:
We are sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.
In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that you may need to re-install the software of your phone as it may help settle the issue you are encountering.
Kindly follow the procedures below to re-install the software of your phone via OVI suite.
Please note that it is important to back up your files first before you re-install the phone's software for you not to lose the data stored in your phone.
I have provided below the link for you where you can download the OVI suite.
Once you have the OVI suite installed on your computer, here are the steps on how to back up your files on the OVI suite.
1. Connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. Your device may ask you how you want to connect. Select “PC Suite” and then select “OK”.
2. In Nokia OVI Suite, select “Tools” then select “Backup”. Nokia OVI Suite reads your device and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.
3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, select “Browse” and choose another location.
4. Select “Start” to begin the backup. Do not disconnect or switch off your device during the process. If you need to stop it, select “Stop”. Nokia OVI Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the back up. Click “Finish” to close the backup wizard.
Once you are done saving a back-up for your phone, you may reinstall your phone's software.
Here are the steps on how to re-install phone's software
1. Once you have connected your phone to the OVI suite, click on the software update icon (a square containing a green arrow).
2. If there are no updates available on your device, search and click the word “Re-install”.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to re-install the software.
If the issue still persists, we would suggest you provide us the information listed below so we can escalate it to our Central Technical Support.
1. IMEI. You can get your IMEI by dialing *#06# on the home screen or by switching off your device and removing the battery where you will see the IMEI printed on a white sticker. You may also refer on the sales package.
2. Callbcak number and best callback time.
Thank you nokia but I'm not doing this.
The problem is resolved by enabling Apps in facebook privacy settings:
Apps & Websites: Edit Your Settings,
Apps you use: Edit Settings,
"Turn On" all platforms,
This resolved the problem.