Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to update firmware on Nokia 5800

Contributor

Unable to update firmware on Nokia 5800

Hello

I'm with Sw version 21.0.025 and I have been trying to update my firmare a lot of times... without success. 

I suppose the problem is with PC Suite/Ovi Suite software or windows drivers. I'm with WinXP SP3. 

I cannot connect the phone in PC Suite Mode, i.e the software is not recognizing my phone. 

At first I installed the software from my Nokia CD and I could connect the phone. But that was the first and last time my phone was recognized. I can connect it in Mass storage mode and access the SD card, but in PC Suite mode it is not possible. I've updated to the latest PC Suite and Ovi suite and there are no changes. There seem to be some problem with the drivers as you can see from the following screenshots:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1422/nokiav.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/365/nokia2c.jpg

Is there any other way of updating the firmware for Nokia 5800 Xpress Music?

P.S When I try to update using the phone only, it is looking for an update and then it says that there are no updates available.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Unable to update firmware on Nokia 5800

The drivers seem missing. What you do is right click on the driver, and select update driver. The computer will browse the net for required drivers. Alternatively you could update direct to your phone using WiFi or network internet. Type in *#0000# and select Options>Search for Updates.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

1.uninstall the drivers from device manager

2. register at betalabs.com

3.download this version of Nokia PC Suite

then connect ur phone and tell me

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

When I try to update using the phone only, it is looking for an update and then it says that there are no updates available.

To big for over the air transfer on this upgrade .

Plus their may not yet be an upgrade for your particular phone .Waiting on phone provider to update .

jje

Please use plain text.
Contributor

3.download this version of Nokia PC Suite

Could you tell me which version?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-software-updater/download_and_installation

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
steve87

[ Edited ]

try to clean with  Nokia PC Suite Cleaner 7 you will find it on nokia website or on any download site.

after that just do a clean install then install new pc suite from nokia website . i had same problem. now its working fine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've tried what you guys told me, but nothing helps.

Besides, I've checked my phone code if there is an update available, and it said there isn't :smileysad:

Why is that? My phone is not locked, i'm not stuck on using an operator but there is still no update for my phone. Btw it is made in Hungary, if that makes a difference.

Overall, I'm not pleased with this phone.

I may buy another one. Do you suggest me some model? It can be without a touchscreen

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Some E series device perhaps?

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

what's your product code may more info about your poduct code helps to know the reason ... may be

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Where can I get more info with my product code?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

your product code is under the battery on the white label

e.g. CODE:05XXXXX

you can write it in google and you'll get all info

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Soutyss

Hi all

@Helleye - I had exactly the same problem. I went to Nokia Care - they installed me new soft in 15 minutes. The only problem is that you have to set up your phone form the beggining :smileywink:

Good luck

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein

If you think that my advices were helpful for you anyhow, just hit the white star on the left. Thanks :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'll try that. But I have just one question. Did they update your firmware or they installed same firmware version?

Soutyss wrote:

Hi all

@Helleye - I had exactly the same problem. I went to Nokia Care - they installed me new soft in 15 minutes. The only problem is that you have to set up your phone form the beggining :smileywink:

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Soutyss

[ Edited ]

They will make an update.
You will get your 5800 back with new software installed already

update:

Sorry for delay :smileytongue:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein

If you think that my advices were helpful for you anyhow, just hit the white star on the left. Thanks :smileywink:
Please use plain text.