Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: V20 for N97 is out

Sage
britzinelul24

V20 for N97 is out

Hello update for V20 is out people
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Not for people in the UK it's not!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

God I hope it sorts things out. Can someone post the super duper changes?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

jonkeys wrote:
Not for people in the UK it's not!

Read the announcement in the software update board.

Jauhis clearly states that it's available for generic handsets (ie. regional variants such as EURO1, APAC, EMEA etc.) with, I quote, "country (SIM-free) and operator versions following over the next few days and weeks".

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's irrelevant what he said, the fact remains that it shouldn't be this way.  Nokia know full well how UK customers feel yet we are still left out of the first wave.

In nokia speak a few days/weeks could well turn into months. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

V20 works nicely on my device. All loaded applications seems to work. Biggest improvement seems to be kinetic scrolling and this seems to keep RAM better than before. Probably stability is better, will see that.
E7, N8, Lumia 800, Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage
matto73

not for me its not!
Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I'm confused with these version numbers.

I've just tried to update and got offered V12.0.0.026

Previously I have tried to update when the dodgy V12 came out, several times, but could not see an update.

Is V20 the same thing as V12 ?

Don't want that dodgy V12 unless it's the latest

P.S I've had to update the software updater. :rolleyes

Message Edited by andypk on 27-Oct-2009 05:57 PM
N97 Firmware Version 20
Please use plain text.
Sage
matto73

No v20 is the new firmware and v12 is a previous firmware. v12 has been out a few months and not everyone has it yet especially branded phones. So some people awill notice a overlap.

I didnt get v12 till end of september but it was out long before just the UK gets forgotten about and v20 released today  but i am unable to get it.

So in short no v20 isnt to replace v12 its just the next firmware on the schedule.

Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I got v12 last week.. less than 7 days ago.. sooo.. My 5800 is two versions and, what, nearly 4 months behind.. both handsets were bought from nokia direct and are unbranded.. ooooh.. so excited.. might get v20 this year?! *sigh* so many regional releases today, but no the uk.. again..

Please use plain text.