Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.
I have developed an issued with my N8 where I'm unable to browse with a WLAN Connection. I'm able to see WLAN connections and connect the device to the WLAN. But when I start a browsing session (trying to access Google), it gives an error. Also, tried connection to other websites but the same error pops up. I have also checked the WLAN is connected all the time. I have tried chaning the priority settings in the Access Point, chaning the access points in the bookmarks but to no avail.
I was able to connect to WLAN previously until after I updated to ANNA. I'm unsure where and what settings I had changed after that (as it was automatically connecting to packet data causing my phone bills to shoot) which is now causing the issue.
If anyone has a solution to this (except a hard reset), please reply to this post. I would not prefer to go for a hard resetting as there is a lot of data in the phone and I have already used up the 1 yr free subscription of OVI.