Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Weaknesses of Nokia N8

mariano_r

Weaknesses of Nokia N8

I am using a Nokia N8, since last December, and disappointed very much despite the appreciating features in it.

1. The Symbian^3 OS - Though Nokia has developed a super smart phone with super smart features, they have not changed their OS, the Symbian. Even though Symbian^3 is new, it is not fast as other latest OS, such as Android, which is preferred and popular OS in latest smart phones. I feel together with other N8 users that Android is the most preferred software for N8.

2. Poor battery life - As it is a smart phone with incomparable features, it must have adequate power for its functions. That is not available here, though this problem is somehow managed by Nokia Bots.

3. Web browser - The web browser is very slow and sluggish, so I downloaded Opera Mobile 10.1 but I found that I could not make it as my default browser. Though I have chosen it as my default browser through Default applications tab in Settings, when I click on a link in SMS, it opens in Nokia N8's browser. I appreciate if N8 has any option to make Opera Mobile 10.1 as its default browser.

4. No .mkv, .avi support - N8 doesn't play any .mkv files. It is hard to believe that though N8 has unbeatable features in camera,video etc., it is lower than other smart phones when it comes to support .mkv and .avi files.

Further problems will be posted as soon as possible. The reason to post here is not just to share what I think, but also I want Nokia to take these comments into account and to try at their best to fulfill the user requirements.

Guys I hope you will be supporting this cause. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
cooldudsubho

Re: Weaknesses of Nokia N8

[ Edited ]

N8 plays .mkv file though it is choosy but it plays.I have personally played .mkv 720p files.And .avi files i have played them too.

Please use plain text.