Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Why Nokia is not listening to N97 users?

Sage
ak3_ltw

Why Nokia is not listening to N97 users?

It is a big shame to Nokia that it even do not reply saying, we are sorry about the inconvineance caused because of N97, we are trying to fix it, wait for so many days.

It will give lot of relief to me because from last so many years i am using only Nokia, and i can't even think of others (may be that is what made Nokia so reluctent).

I had visited Nokia Care Centre 4 times after taking this phone (5 times i have updated my firmware usng PC with two times hard reset) but NCC do not do anything, i had given my charger adapter and headset for faulty replacement do you know the best part is both periphels came as it was, no change. F***** O** 

sorry Nokia for loosing trust on you, somehow i have wait till my INR 31,500 get depriciated over period of time, uske bhad maine tumhe NO KIYA ( hindi I did NO TO YOU)

N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Why Nokia is not listening to N97 users?

Looks like there are a bunch of jerks designing buggy but overly hyped phones. And the marketing seems to be doing a gud job at selling these phones. Hopefully the company goes down. 
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The impression I have is that Nokia is not especailly interetsed, only in  your next purchase.

My N95 hasn't been easy to set up and has just gone belly up again.

Too buggy by half.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

You see, the problem is that Nokia NEVER listen their customers, "once you bought it, it becomes your problem", that should be their slogan.

I don't wknow why am I still with this brand, I guess because Symbian is great, but the customer care just sucks.

Nokia should leran a thing or two from other companies, like releasing their new phones after lots a lots of testing, not with a **bleep** firmware, and that happens with every **bleep** new Nokia phone launched to the market.

I beg that the N97 problems stop soon and that Nokia never make the mistake they made with the N93, it was NEVER fixed and it costed a fortune.

Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Its all depends on the end-users, not only u as the valued customer to Nokia, there are billions of them. As for me, Im into techical field and managed to get rid of most problems myself on my N5800XM such as, light leakage, earpiece problem and others by stripping off the device. Who cares of the warranty !

Two hard resets are not a big deal ! .. I've done 13 hard resets to make the fone suits my desire in the terms of application, games, firmware and others. I never complained about Nokia or even walked-in to the care centre.

Please do not complaint if u cant find the solutions and effort to overcome your problem. Life is full of problems .. :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

I think the problem currently is that they have too many phones and I can't see each phone having a dedicated team to maintain and solve problems so each phone has to wait it's turn to get issues resolved "bad planning" but things will change in the future according to reports.

Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.
Sage
ak3_ltw

Hay thanks Xploit,

You know i am really not having any problem with my N97 as of now (but unlucky me it started from last night after posting here  :smileyindifferent: 

I work in garment industry, do you know if my customer not satisfied with my shirts he throws it on my face (remember we do not claim any warranty ) but as a "customer is the king" we do listen to him and replace or discount him if there is any problem.

Doesn't that sound ethical or professional to be loyal to their warranty? Many people complain about paying extra money for softwears (like quickoffice, PDF reader, Joikuspot etc., ) i am not complaining that because it is my fault to purchase such a heafty phone if it doesn't comes with these softwears, fine i agree because that was the deal.

But how can i accept a faulty headphone? 

Sorry i just went on writing.... 

But I love my N97.

http://www.nokian97blog.com/2009/02/nokia-n97-battery/#idc-cover

visit this to know how do i support my N97 in other blogs, only here i complain about it because there is a hope one fine day Nokia comes up with good customer support.

N97 Black India
Attending Nokia Discussion has become new hobby, Thanks to Nokia... for having so many bugs
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

99.99% users just use their phones to make and receive calls ONLY.

0.01% users, like us, really use their phones to its full extent.

Nokia is not bothered with these 0.01% customer. We basically work like Nokia's beta testers. We evey pay Nokia for it (by buying their handsets).

Message Edited by movilogo on 29-Dec-2009 06:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
ak3_ltw

i think you are right, it's a best way to test new product without any cost incurring in it. but what surprising is doesn't nokia care about it's brand image? doesn't it want to keep it's share in market, so many people advised me to go for iphone but i opted for this N97, i never experienced iphone, i am really happy with the phone (even though it became crazy from last night after posting here in a negative manner, so smart phone lol ) may be because i shifted from 3110c.
at times i really feel is this is what best i can get from a flagship/smart/killer phoone? i feel 3110c was more handy, stable phone and it had great options too. like 5 log of each call record, messaging was convineant with options like recently used, open from log etc.

but somewhere i feel like one day (i don't know when) Nokia will read all our problems/wishlists/suggestions and it come up with new firmware or a replacement for us to justify our money.

please Nokia come up and keep your trust, do not behave as if you don't listen. come up with some reply.
N97 Black India
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

A message to Nokia share-holders "be afraid, be very afraid". Yes, you read it here first. Unless Nokia makes some radical changes they will continue to loose market share and will eventually fail.

I have been a loyal Nokia customer all my cellphone using life. More than 20 years. Because of the N97 I am now buying an iPhone 3GS for both my wife and I. I won't be alone. The thing is Nokia seems to have failed to realise that actually they aren't a phone company anymore. They are making portable computers. They have to do this to stay competitive with the likes of Apple and the makers of the Windows smart-phones. i.e. they have to do this to stay alive.

However, it appears that Nokia have failed to realise this. The N97 is either the result of blatant greed, being rushed to the market far too quickly, or because Nokia have not structured their development teams to allow sufficient testing and updating. The iPhone updates all the time because they have sufficient resources in that team to allow a responsive development cycle. Blatant greed I can understand, but then please emply more developers to work on the software constantly to release patches quickly. Or better yet, stop spreading those poor developers over so many different models by consolidating your business into fewer core phones, each supported by an increased number of developers.

I'd hate to see Nokia fail, but as it stands today, unless they replace the CEO and gain new vision for the company, I can't see any future for Nokia at all.

Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

Cheers mate !

I think u shud now walk-in to the Nokia Care Centre and have a talk with them for ure solutions, demand as a customer, good luck !

I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia already realized they had little future in the states and retreated to a more ignorant and exploitable market in countries with less ability to support consumers.

Writing is on the wall when you look to the US market already.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

we can also drive up the cost for Nokia by calling tech support. That way Nokia spends more on tech support than on R&D. So no more bad phones from Nokia in the future.   
Please use plain text.