Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: browser for 5800xm

Contributor
Accepted Solution

browser for 5800xm

hey all

im looking for a browser that will work as much like a regular browser as possible, and be full screen.

i already have a couple, including like operamini, but they all have that ridiculous navigation circle taking up half the screen. if they didnt have that nav circle thing, i would be happy.

is there anything out there i can use?

Please use plain text.
Sage
gtbarry

Have you tried Full Screen in the Nokia browser?

Go to OPTIONS and then DISPLAY OPTIONS.

I used to be a big fan of the Opera Mini browser, but this Nokia browser is by far superior.

Please use plain text.

regarding the viewing in full, i'm not sure nokia 5800 browser is able to do it. but i know some other browser are able to perform that.

i've a question abt highlighting text in webpages like highlighting news, article, and paste it to word..

this will be very useful to me bcoz i need this function for projects.

i've called nokia careline regarding this issue, the feedback is positive, they said 5800 able to do that but depends on the webpage whether it allows highlighting or not (definitely not pdf).

i personally went to phone shops to try this out but too bad most of the areas i went has bad internet connection so i can't confirm with that.

can anyone help me out with this?

thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

steveleewl wrote:

regarding the viewing in full, i'm not sure nokia 5800 browser is able to do it. but i know some other browser are able to perform that.

The 5800 default web browser can do full-screen viewing. You have the instructions above in the earlier reply preceding your last.

Please use plain text.

petrib, could you answer my questions instead??

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The 5800 web browser does not allow you to select and arbitrary piece text on a web page and copy it for pasting somewhere else.
Please use plain text.

could it be done using other browser? do you know any browser able to do that?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

@scotthoward

Go to settings->Application Manager->Installed Apps

-Select your browser say opera mini

-Options->Click Suite settings

-Turn off the On-screen keyboard

this should do the trick.

Message Edited by sabinkumar on 07-May-2009 05:33 PM
Message Edited by sabinkumar on 07-May-2009 05:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

app manager did the trick

thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Shahzad_Amin

Alternate solution: You may try opera mini, latest S60v5 version can be Download Here

Please use plain text.
Sage
ken80ny

Opera Mobile is another alternative. Suitable for 5800XM smart phone. Better feature compared to Mini.

Get it here: http://www.opera.com/mobile/

was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Please use plain text.