Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can 701 run android apps?

Counsellor
unger123
Accepted Solution

can 701 run android apps?

i've heard about a software called Alien dalvik, that emulates android apps so that they can be run on other devices.

Can the nokia belle 701 do this as well? 

Thanks.

BTW - does anyone know when the FB1 will be available for Nokia 701 bought in Israel from Eurocom, the company that represents Nokia in Israel? (meaning it isnt bought from carrier so there is no attachment to carriers ) Or even when globally?

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Re: can 701 run android apps?

Hello @unger123,

The Nokia 701 to run android apps, it's not possible, not even with some special app.

On the other hand there for sure are many apps developed to different OSs like

Symbian, WIndows Phone, iOS and android.

For the future updates all we can do is wait and see.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Hi Unger, about your question on FP1 updates, looking at the pattern it might take 1-2 months for network-custom firmwares to be available. Cheers

@unger123

Nokia 701 runs Symbian, so it is imposible to instal Android apps. Unfortunately Nokia 701 doesn't release in my country.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dOoxify

dude Nokia 701 has a 1Ghz procesor and it can run Android apps even Android if there were Android fo Nokia phones...but sadly nope...There are some phones with 600Mhz procesor who run Android....so Nokia 701 with 1Ghz procesor can run Android apps and Android OS without problem...
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

@dOoxify
CPU is not anything. Even if a feature phone clocked at 2 GHz, it still won't works well if the software is not optimized or the lack of GPU. As an example, the Nokia 500 seems to hang a lot. This is because it has the very basic GPU. Compared to the Nokia 603, the 603 runs much faster and smoother than the 500.

GPU matters the most for gaming and hardware accelaration.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

hardware wise, 701 could run them but its symbian
Please use plain text.