Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

charge time for nokia N97

Contributor

charge time for nokia N97

Hiya people, i need some advice, i put my phone on charge this afternoon about 3pm, there where about 3 bars left before i started to charge, its now 8pm and my phone is still charging. Ive had this phone about 2 weeks and never remember it taking this long... also could someone let me know what the latest software update is please, ive got v 11 but everytime i go to do version 12, it tells me version 11 is the latest?

I new to this and the phone so be gentle please

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: charge time for nokia N97

[ Edited ]

hi

i think its battery problem , Yes latest firmware version is 12(firmware v1) and Firmware v2 is soon going to be released

How many minutes or hours you charge your phone a day

HOW LONG U CHARGE YOUR PHONE ?

Message Edited by dbzbux on 11-Oct-2009 08:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

well ive been charging it every other day, takes a couple of hours. Is it possible to do a firmware update direct from the handset. I did it online and it says ive got the up to date version which is v11, ive been into phone management etc and it says no updates available. only and ovi and ngage update which arent a prioroty at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

then 4 sure battery problem , charging  problem was in the previous firmware v10 version where it shows wrong charging informaton

Try to charge with another battery , which will confirm your problem software or battery

Message Edited by dbzbux on 11-Oct-2009 08:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hmm ive turned it on and off again and its fully charged now, txt sayin unplug etc etc..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

try that what i told, if u want to confirm
Please use plain text.
Professor

I'd say not to worry about it. Use your phone normally, then when you next go to charge it take note of how long it takes to charge.

In regards to not being able to update your firmware, there's nothing you can do about it. Your handset is up to date, different variants of handsets have different firmwares, which means they may have access to later versions than you.

Hope this clears it up for you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

thanks very much, thought i was going mad when i couldnt find another update. i will keep an eye out for the new one.

Sy

Please use plain text.