Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

format my phone

Registered Member
navee
Accepted Solution

format my phone

Hi please tell how to format my phone nokia 5233.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: format my phone

Follow these instructions for the 5800, it's the same method for the 5233.

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/3-Finger-Salute-for-the-5800-Full-Hard-Reset-Trick/td-p/427081
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jay_parker

A hard reset can be performed with the usual method of typing in *#7370# and the lock code is needed.

If the lock code has changed, or the customer does not remember it, the following can be done to hard reset the device:

1. Power off the device.
  2. Hold the two call keys (red and green) and the camera button, and proceed to power on the device, while holding the three keys (green, red and camera).
  3. Keep holding down the 3 keys until after the handshake screen.

A request for country should now be available, and the hard reset should be complete, without the lock code.  Keep in mind, the lock code still remains unchanged (it does not go back to the default 12345).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

jay_parker wrote:

A hard reset can be performed with the usual method of typing in *#7370# and the lock code is needed.

If the lock code has changed, or the customer does not remember it, the following can be done to hard reset the device:

1. Power off the device.
  2. Hold the two call keys (red and green) and the camera button, and proceed to power on the device, while holding the three keys (green, red and camera).
  3. Keep holding down the 3 keys until after the handshake screen.

A request for country should now be available, and the hard reset should be complete, without the lock code.  Keep in mind, the lock code still remains unchanged (it does not go back to the default 12345).

I'm not sure about your identity. You claim to be a Nokia Service Professional but you're not an employee??

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
badvrosh

i formated my nokia n97 like that but i need to change the lock code aswell but i cant remember it and cant find a nokia care center nearby either

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Moinee

Thank you it did work!!!
Please use plain text.
wredota787

Re: format my phone x2

psychomania wrote:
Follow these instructions for the 5800, it's the same method for the 5233.

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/3-Finger-Salute-for-the-5800-Full-Hard-Reset-Trick/td-p/427081

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bajrang_singh

Please tell how to format my nokia 5233
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

bajrang_singh wrote:
Please tell how to format my nokia 5233

By reading the rest of the thread that you posted this message on!

Please use plain text.