Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n8 voice dial

Registered Member
huwdarch

n8 voice dial

Hi, can someone take me step by step through how to voice dial on my n8, and how to attach a voice to a number.  I've tried all of the above and I can't do it so my handsfree is pointless at the moment

thanks

huw

Please use plain text.
Sage
Symbian_fan

Re: n8 voice dial

Voice tags are automatically stored for each contacts you have in you phone book so no need to store a voice tag for a contact and it is totally user independent. You can activate the voice commands by long pressing the on screen  call soft key or by long pressing the call/hang button in your hands free. And to listen to the saved voice tags go to contacts and open the desired contact and then go to option voice tag details, there you can listen all the saved voice tags for various numbers under that contacts. It is advisable to save a default phone number for voice calls if you desire to use the voice dial feature frequently to avoid confusions of multiple numbers. you can do it by opening the contact and then options, defaults. An easy way to do it is from Ovi Suite contacts Tab. I hope it helps. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Symbian_fan

Re: n8 voice dial

Settings - phone - voice commands is a nice place to play around with the voice commands. you can access the tutorial from the options menu there and find more about the feature, for example how to dial a home number of a contact A by using voice commands, and u can tweak the settings to accept the command automatically, manually or using voice and so on.

Please use plain text.