Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n95 - message sent times

Advisor
soooo1077

n95 - message sent times

I have just got the N95 on contract with o2 and i am a bit confused. I was out of range of a signal (which happens quite a bit where i live) and when i was within range again i received 3 text messages all from the same person. On looking at the message details to see what time the messages were sent it said the time that i opened the text message rather than the time the sender sent it. On my previous phone, the N70, the time stated was the time the message was sent even if i had no signal to receive the message immediately.Does anyone know if there is there any way i can change this as i need to know what time messages are sent. Also i have read lots of reviews about the N95 and i too have a problem with the battery life. My phone was charged fully when i went to bed and when i woke up the battery was dead even tho the phone hadn't been used all night. I'm not sure whether to contact Nokia about this problem. My battery doesn't even last a day. I'm lucky if i get 5-6 hours out of a full charge even tho its not used much...Sue
Soooo
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: n95 - message sent times

Don't know about the SMS time problem but the battery life issue is a classic.

First of all, your battery isn't going to reach its optimum capacity until it's been through 3 or 4 complete charge/discharge cycles.

Secondly, you want to make sure no applications are running in the background while you're not using your N95 before laying the blame entirely with the phone.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.