Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n97 Firmware 12 !

I am update mine right now!

Nokia N97, bought from Greek Nokia.update

Please use plain text.
Advisor

@psychomania; @au_n97_user

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kingram

MINE IS NAM AND NEW FIRMWARE IS V12.2.024
6680,n70,n73,n80,n80ie,n82,n95,innov8,n85, n97, N8, lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Sage

Wow, that was faster than I thought. So glad.
Please use plain text.
Sage

So far so good.
Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

HI ALL, SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I DONT KNOW WHY MY PHONE ALWAYS PUTS CAPS ON & I CANT CHANGE IT. HOPE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL SOLVE IT.. GOOD TO HEAR THE GREAT NEWS.. I WILL TRY & SEE IF THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR MY PRODUCT CODE.. OH I ALSO CANT USE THE "ENTER" KEY.
If you like my post & find it helpful click on the Kudos button... Thanks.. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hape_n95

I was jus going to advice you to use HTML when typing, but noticed that with new Fw it is not needed :-)
N900, N95
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hanani

Hi All

I just got my new N97 - white (!) today after having th eblack fo rthe last 4 weeks, It is great - beautiful. Only problem after I worked all day on loading it - now I saw a NEW firmware number 12 is available....

I guess will do it tomorrow morning, and report to you - from Isreal... :smileyhappy:

I hate to have to re install all Apps !

I wonder if the Boingo still included in the "C" and the phone still keep freezing on answering a call with the Sweep ?!

Hannai

using Nokia since ages most recent were the 9300, N95 the E71, and since July 15 - a proud owner of the N97 - later switched to the N97 White
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

i am sure it introduces more stability, and i notice a nice improvement in speed, nothing much besides that. the annoying apps are still there and still unable to remove them  :smileysad:  seems to change the screen orientation faster and with no distortion so far. the keylock also seems to be a little bit more refined even over the v11. have not notices much else than that. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

Well I downloaded the new firmware & this is my experience & outcome:

• After download & update, my Vista 32 noticed & installed a new USB driver for 5800 XM, strangely. But I can still connect using PC suite that identifies my phone as N97
  • Also, the phone turned off by itself, although it was supposed to restart as it usually did with previous firmwares. Thank God it didn't brick & the new firmware installed successfully
  • After turning it on, the Key guard worked & the lock button didn't work, so I had to remove the battery manually, a procedure I completely hate..
  • I gained a maximum of 8 MB on RAM to reach 51.68 MB after reboot with minimum online widgets. It's fine but not that much...
  • RAM size changes a little no matter how many applications are open. I do not know how & why but it's working with me. I never got less than 40 MB while around 7 apps are open..
  • The lock button, works like a breeze now. In fact I tried it for around 20 consecutive times & the homescreen turned on normally & everything is great.. I believe this bug is solved now..:smileyvery-happy:
  • My 1st experience with the browser, It's a lot a lot a lot faster than before eventhough I'm using the same connection speed on the same location, both on WIFI & network.. No more hangs before 100% complete, easier & more stable browsing. It didn't crash down & closed..
  • Web feed are working now.. waw that's amazing... I tried it with several ones with no problems.. :smileyvery-happy:
  • No edit label in contacts.. Still... :smileysad:
  • Ovi maps load faster.. great...
  • No more touch vibration problems...
  • Apps like Biongo & JuikoSpot are still there & PDF reader is still a trial that cannot be removed.... :smileymad:
  • Landscape transition smoother but not that fast, needs more development
  • Overall performance is more stable & faster... I didn't face automatic shut down, or any app hangs, or closes

So great news to all of us. Yet, Myself & I believe most of you will be waiting for a firmware with more features like Skype, & others, but for now, this solves many of the problems....

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

One more thing.... No More wrong CAPS using my phone while writing this.... coz previously I was stuck with it no matter what I do... finally....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

princemarvin wrote:
One more thing.... No More wrong CAPS using my phone while writing this.... coz previously I was stuck with it no matter what I do... finally....

LOL prince, there was an easy fix for CAPS before, in the reply select edit as html and you would have gotten your regular letters back. i have to face it also on my itouch and i have not tried my phone on nokia boards yet after the update but if that is the case, then it is very good news indeed.  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

prince, I'm not sure why but I believe it was meant to stay off with the update this time, I only say this because I have two N97's and I updated both of them today and I actually used two of my PC's because I too wondered why the first one didn't restart, but when I did the second one it also stayed off. But I'm not positive, but both of mine also did the same as yours on this part.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
weid1374

Did the firmware update have any effect on the GPS performance?
Yes, I have my E72

PS: Don't blame me for my bad English, I am Dutch :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

How about we start with; what's been changed in V12 ?

How about someone post the change log ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

radial24. I didn't know this tip B4 But as always u r helpful.. thanks.. bt now I dont think we may need it coz it's working fine although some bugs still exist like there is no always CAPS even if you press the CAPS key twice.. and there's no capitalization after "."
I haven't tried GPS yet... But I noticed ovi maps loads faster.. I'll check GPS soon..
One more thing, some web feeds still dont work although they do from my pc.
Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

copyless, I dont know why the phone turns off directly after the update as it happened for both of us.. But thank God it didn't brick. Right? Maybe Nokia wanted to make some action during the update.. I hope you didn't face other problems..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I installed the patch on my Nokia RM-505 without any problems yesterday but it was not OTA (I too am in Australia).

I noticed that the slider lock is working better and a long pull usually results in 1-click to unlock screen. I have more memory available. Taskman is reporting 36.6 with 7-apps open; I previously had about 28+ with the same thing. The phone is operating smoother and the browser is working so well that I'm now thinking of removing Opera mini from the home screen and replacing it with the Nokia Web Browser icon (BTW, Nokia web browser has never crashed while Opera has a number of times). 

Anyone wanting to remove Boingo from their phone should go to Symbian-Guru.com and read about How To: Remove Boingo IAP From Your Nokia N97. Boingo has released a patch to remove it the the access point that has been installed.This was posted on 15 august and is in Tips and Tricks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

im also in australia, and i just update and i get almost full gps signal? back then was only have half but it still lock pretty quick :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
enam68

[ Edited ]

Hello Every One!!

well i have Updated the firmware and i am surprised to see that in Device Update section it shows software version v12.0.024 and software version date is 04-08-09 More Over it says Latest Updates = Not Updated.Same thing when i execute the Sw Update it shows Phone Software with a checked Box and when i check in update History it says No Updates Made ...Now that is Weired ! I wonder if any one else has the same issue ?

Message Edited by enam68 on 18-Aug-2009 01:44 PM
Please use plain text.