Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n97 charging problem

Contributor

n97 charging problem

Is this a problem with my phone or its software that whenever i charge my phone, after more than an hour it still has the same battery level! :s any ways around it?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: n97 charging problem

Hi. I have similar problems, and there are many more people on the net complaining about it. I use the latest firmware version.

I don't know the solution. I have removed battery and charged it in my old E71. Then I placed the battery back in my N97. After that it went ok for few days, now the problem seems to be back. I mailed local Nokia Care and they adviced me to go to the local repair center.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mosh101

As per my experience so far with the N97, i think it takes wayy tooo long to charge!! i keep it for over an hour or sometimes even an hour and a half till it hits the full!! but no problems like u mentioned....

I reckon keep your phone on charge for an hour and a half and then see what the results are!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Nokia n97 has too muc problem. Using Nokia N97 find a new problem a day!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hypnodude

I have found a strange problem on my N97.

If I turn the phone off and plug it in to charge (PC or wall charger), the phone starts up, gets to the Nokia Logo screen (white screen with NOKIA at the bottom) and freezes.

The charging lights do not come on and the battery meter does not animate as it should.

Worse than that - the phone is now completely frozen and wont turn on.

I've tried removing the battery for a while and then putting it back in - when I turn it on it gets to the Nokia Logo again and freezes.

The only way to get past this is a Hard Reset - which deletes all my programs etc.

Restoring from a backup (OVI suite or Nokia PC Suite) does not restore verything so I have to fiddle and re-install apps etc.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but this is my 4th (yes, FOUR) device in 30 days.

2 of them had Mass Memory faults and the 3rd one had the same problem as this - I just didn't know it at the time.

I'm running FW 20.0.0.19 by 3 Australia on an RM-505 device.

So far, my experience with the N97 is terrible - this is the absolute worst experience I have had with any Nokia phone, and I've been dedicated to Nokia phones for the last 14 years !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tata001

Hi I have a similar problem, firstly I can't seem to charge my N97 from a wall unit when the phone is switched off and even then I have to fiddle around with the cable until the little light by socket comes on; even the the light is very dim.

Tried charging with the phone switched off, the Nokia logo comes on as if its going to charge then the switches off and does not charge.

Tried charging the phone last night with the phone switched on it seemed to be charging but this morning there was only two bars on the battery level.

has anyone else experienced this and if so have you found a solution.

Please use plain text.
engrrizi

[ Edited ]

i have also the same problem now,,i start charging in night the charging indicator shows that the cell is charging but on the morning when i look at the cell it was still charging and the battery level don't increase...it seems that it was discharged contrast to charging coz at night i had 3 bars but in morning it was 2//any solution you find tata0001.
i have n97 rm-505 FW 22.0.xx

Please use plain text.
engrrizi

I have also this problem, the worst thing is that sometimes the phone shows that it is charging but physicality it don't and thus the battery drains rather charge...any solution
Please use plain text.