Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n97 mini frequently hangs

Contributor
azrul

n97 mini frequently hangs

hai,just bought n97 mini yesterday.been disappointed with the phone since then.

it frequently hangs whenever i open more than 1 application simultaneously.is it normal?before this im using n79,never had any problem when browsing internet and messaging in the same time.the software are updated.been asking people,and its normal they said.is it true?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

No it's not normal. Do you have a memorycard inserted or a old simcard? - I would take out the memorycard first and check the behavior - then if possible try another simcard.

Have you by any chance installed any bloated apps or filled up the phonememory (C: )

You could also try a soft reset and a format of the mass memory (this will delete everything on phonememory and mass storage and make it fresh and clear out som glitches)

- BUT since your device is new - and if it's not the memorycard or the simcard - Take it back and ask for a swap. - THis should not be a normal behavior.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Contributor
azrul

after been using the phone for 2 days now,i realize that its not opening multiple application simultaneously that makes it crash or hangs..it only happen if i browsing the net using wifi.most of the time it hangs during downloading pages.so..do i still need to return back the phone?does it will getting worse in the future..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

if it's just the browser, why don't you install opera mobile, skyfire or bolt? I use opera mobile with my n97, and it's way better than the onboard browser when it comes to stability and performance in most places. - If you've got it to work fine you might just wait for the next fw... The onboard browser from nokia has never really been top notch.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
azrul

thanks for the info,i hope nokia will issue an update firmware that can solve this crashes.by the way,in the load content setting,i set to text only,now it doesnt hangs anymore.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I guess the n97 mini users can look forward to a bunch of good updates. Enjoy your device!
Please use plain text.