Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

no signal on n73

Advisor
psychoactive

no signal on n73

[ Edited ]
I have bought my n73 almost a year a go.It was working good...Few days a go i have notice i can't get no signal.It shows full signal but i can't call,send sms/mms,can't receive calls or sms/mms.When i try to call it shows "connection error" and "no network coverage".I tryed to put sim card in other phones and it works...I tryed to reset my phone by entering *#7370# and *#7780# and it didn't work out.I charged it near TV for a few months.
Is there a way to fix that?Can i fixed it by myself or i need to take the phone to the shop?
If someone can answer my question,please do that :smileyhappy: i'll be grateful :smileyhappy:

EDIT: From time to time i get signal for a few seconds.
Message Edited by psychoactive on 31-May-2009 06:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: no signal on n73

its one of 2 things

1, firstly did you buy from store?

2,the internal antenna needs replacement

if bought from genuine store you need a new antenna

if bought from 3rd party ,it could have been reported stolen

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
psychoactive

It wasn't phones failure.It was to the provider (mt:s).I talked with my friend last night,and he also had no signal.:smileyvery-happy:
Thx anyway :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

[ Edited ]
Moral of the story: If you see something wrong with the signal strength, then first move to a different area and see if you have the problme, next try putting a SIM from a different Network provider. Start suspecting your phone only if the problem reappears at a place where there is good network coverage, and/or with the new SIM. Otherwise, it could be something to do with the quality of signal at the location, or with the network. :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by deepestblue on 02-Jun-2009 03:40 PM
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
rk87sh

Hey, is your problem solved? I am facing same problem but I don't think it's network issue because SIM works fine in other phone. Did your phone work again? How did you solve it. Please reply.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pbuddy8488

its better that u should take the phone to shop
and another thing try to charge your phone at other place not near TV because TV contais high power magnet for speker and it may effect to your phone. some TV manufacturer has a coating to speker magnet to avoide this but better way you should avoide to charge your mobile near TV.
Please use plain text.