Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: no skype for pureview 808 ?

Counsellor
nvee
Accepted Solution

no skype for pureview 808 ?

Strange..moved from N8 to 808..ovi store does not show skype available...??? it works on n8..

808 is belle ...why the same skype app not available...?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Skype has been pulled from the Nokia Store for the N8 running on Belle. It's still available for the N8 running Anna though.  

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vlado3g

Well let's hope they are updating it, otherwise it doesn't make any sense... it works perfectly fine on the N8
Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbianzone

Skye for Nokia 808 Pure View is available over here

I was also looking up for Skype for my Nokia 808 Pure View, just found it over here : http://www.808fanclub.com/2012/06/download-skype-nokia-808-pureview-belle-fp1.html

And it works like a charm. Thanks to 808 Fan Club!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
branu

Re: Skye for Nokia 808 Pure View is available over here

videocalling also?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

branu wrote:
videocalling also?

I'm afraid not.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinoo

better move out of Nokia, MSFT is making nokia crazy and no more further developments will happen on symbian phones.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jcastillo301184

come on guys !!!  we need skype do something about it we need the app is not a cheap phone !!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Any update on this, or are Nokia & Skype happy for people to be downloading from n8fanclub where they'll no doubt find other 'interesting' apps?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seit808

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

We know that a non-official version (2.1.0.23) can be downloaded from non-official sources, but it's not 100% reliable, instant messaging takes ages to catch up previous sessions, and it still doesn't support video calling which should be a snap for the 808 to handle.

So come on, where's the new Skype release that's compatible with Belle FP2?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seppale

I need Skype on my 808!
I don't want to send this phone back, just because there is no longer a Skype version available.....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

seit808 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upTb1vwCd8s&feature=plcp

What was it ? YouTube says "This videoclip is private".

Cristi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

matthewleech wrote:

We know that a non-official version (2.1.0.23) can be downloaded from non-official sources, but it's not 100% reliable, instant messaging takes ages to catch up previous sessions, and it still doesn't support video calling which should be a snap for the 808 to handle.

So come on, where's the new Skype release that's compatible with Belle FP2?

This is the right place to ask that question:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Symbian/bd-p/Symbian

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avtr

Skype 2.1.23 works on nokia 808 with default nokia evolve theme

Please use plain text.
Contributor
how1ard

HOWEVER it does not work with Bedlle feature pack 2. I have trawled the net and tried a few but I cannot find any versin that works on 808 Bele FP2 :confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

how1ard wrote:

HOWEVER it does not work with Belle feature pack 2. I have trawled the net and tried a few but I cannot find any versin that works on 808 Bele FP2 :confused:

I have just tested it on my 808 running Belle FP2 and it works perfectly fine. I had it installed and running on FP1 and it was still there and running OK after updating to FP2, which I did via Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
mapiri78

Strange enough I had 2 pieces of n8 working allrigth, then moved this week to nokia 808 and by using the past downloading items in my account i could download skype, it is working ok,,But Fring doesnt show at all.

Whatsapp was in the list of downloading programs at the account, I downloaded but it wont install.

Otherwise if all my buddies move to skype should be ok, Oh By the way Viber works too

Please post is Whatsapp is working in nokia 808? Thanks

Mapiri78
Please use plain text.