Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 5800 restarting automatically after firmware...

Registered Member
bijukc

nokia 5800 restarting automatically after firmware upgradation to 40.0.005

recently i had updated my firmware through phone itself,after that its getting restarted automatically once or twice in a day. Since the problem persists i reinstalled the s/w through system also.but the problem is still there ,can anybody help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silvio5800

Re: nokia 5800 restarting automatically after firmware upgradation to 40.0.005

Hi,

I also experienced some difficulties after upgrading to this version fo firmware.  My problems was when I restored the backup from the memory card, the phone asked for a restart and then I just got a white screen with NOKIA and then it switched off.  The only way I could switch it on was to remove the memory card and inserting it after the phone switched on.  I then had to format the memory card to rectify the problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hey bijukc,

I also experienced the Problem, when i installed the V31 Firmware. Have you tried to do a Hard-Reset ? Green+Red+Camera Button when Phone is off ?

After I made this I only get this error approx. once a week. It is so annoying... 5800 is full of bugs...

Hope the Country Based Firmware Updates to v40 are coming out soon ...

Patrick

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Thing is you shouldnt update firmware with memory card inserted IMO. I never do. Im a bit wary of software incompatibilities. Although it should be alright, but sometimes things do go wrong.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bijukc

hi frnds

thanks for your reply.since i felt irritataed with the restarting i give the factory settings(Settings>Phone>Phone management>Factory Setting) option as last try after taking backup of contacts,and for my goodness its working fine now with out restarting for the last 4 days.

new firm ware just fantastic in design with lot of changes like new call attend screen,automatic switching between qwerty and alpha numeric keyborad accordind landscape and portrait mode,free navigation..,enjoy it

Please use plain text.
arash_mkz

hi, I had same problem when I upgraded my damned 5800 to version 50. At first after the upgrade, it was reseting once in 2-3 minutes. I decided to format sd card and after that reseting times reduced to twice a day espicially after sending sms. Changing the microsdhc card with an old one with 1 GB capacity, compeletely solved the problem. Yesterday I bought a brand new micro sdhc : Verbatim 8GB class 4; but its the problem : its not working well. its slow and while connecting to pc it causes some fault. but the restarting problem is solved. Please recommand me a good microsdhc card.

Please use plain text.