Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia 700 contacts.

Registered Member
mahed63

nokia 700 contacts.

switched phone on this morning and when i go to my contacts,they all have unnamed next to them in the list.if i click on the contct all there info/nane is still there.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: nokia 700 contacts.

Hi mahed63,

We suggest you perform a soft reset on your phone:

Soft Reset: Enter *#7780# into your phones keypad and when prompted for a passcode, enter 12345 (set by default).

Report back and let us know if this has helped.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
700_belle_au

I have the same problem.

It seemed to start after installing software updates yesterday.

I installed the seaach widget update and the Microsoft Apps update

Please use plain text.
700_belle_au

I did a soft reset and that fixed the problem. Contacts now list properly

Please use plain text.
jsyrovat

[ Edited ]

Yes, I confirm it helped also for me. HOWEVER, be aware, that this is a reset to factory defaults. This means, all home screens, widgets and shortcuts disappears and are set as factory defaults. Includes lost Exchange settings, some phone config, etc...

I really wasn't happy about it, this takes quite a lot of time to set everything as it was before...

Please use plain text.
dotty1066

I have this problem.  How did you resolve it please?

Please use plain text.
dotty1066

IThe message "unnamed" appeared on my screen this morning. Can you help me please?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Refer Message 2 above by haZeyModerator . Back-up your data for safety before doing it ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
teamA

I Tried the soft reset but did't work. Any other surgestions
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
solutionunnamed

Hi Everybody in this old post!

The soulution is--go to settings and tick list just sim card names - back to the contacts, and go settings again and tick sim card names, and storage names (in phone storageor somthing) and go to the contacts again.

It's work for me!

hope this helped someone :smileyhappy:

p.s.: sorry for my bad english I'm Hungarian, and my teacher's phone (nokia 700)  is set to Hungarian :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.