Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n73 + "Hardware Failure: restart Camera"

Registered Member

nokia n73 + "Hardware Failure: restart Camera"

Hi,

Can anybody help me.I bought a new n73 but sometimes when i try to activate the camera :It gives a message"Hardware Failure: Restart camera". I have an addidtional memory of 1 GB andfree memory on my card around 800 MB and 42 MB of my phone memory. what do I do. I haven;t upgraed any software and it consist of the preloaded software

Regards
Prasanth
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: nokia n73 + "Hardware Failure: restart Camera"

I have the same problem as this man except that i have upgraded the software because the video mode wasent working and since the upgrade it gaves me the same message. Any advice please??
note: my phone is the musical edition and I have it for 11 months
Please use plain text.
Sage
vnt2

1) update the latest firmware and see if you still have problem.
2) try to restart the phone and see if it is ok after that.
After restart, run the camera immediately (don't start other applications before that)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

i had a similar problem, reinstalling the firmware fixed it.
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This is because of problem with mem card, just take out card and start your camera, after cam is on put the card back. I think it will work, at least for me it worked. I think video cam may not work, use still cam.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

nokia n73 + "Hardware Failure: restart Camera
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
indranilju

thanks a lot yaar. i was very depressed for the last 5 days dat the best feature of my mobile (n73 which i own for almost last 2.5 years) suddenly got some problem and showed that hardware failure tag. I almost had decided to go to nokia care tomorrow, but suddenly today evening it cliced in my head to search the problem statement on net, and i got ur solution which really clicked for me. Now my mobile camera has become completely ok, thanx a lot again buddy.

:smileyhappy:

sun_pathak wrote:
This is because of problem with mem card, just take out card and start your camera, after cam is on put the card back. I think it will work, at least for me it worked. I think video cam may not work, use still cam.

Please use plain text.