Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia n8 internet

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

nokia n8 internet

hi there could anyone help me with with this small issue since i update something to do with my network when i try to log on to the internet useing my default settings in my home wireless network, it goes straight onto virgin network is there any way i can stop this please

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: nokia n8 internet

Check the Access Points settings.. Set the priorities as per your need..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

You do need to go a little deeper into Settings on N8, go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Destinations > Internet - if your WLAN is not Priority 1 > highlight it and a longpress should reveal further screen of five options > change priority and then touch existing access point in Priority 1 position and order should then change.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OBAADENUSI

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,
I used to have an Phone 4 but got lost some days ago and i have to go for the Nokia N8 that is been unlocked, i am able to make calls and SMS, but the problem that i am having is getting my Data to work and i have called Fido is my Network Carrier  a lot of time to get the setting, and i got it from them but my Data is still not working what can i do ?????
APN setting i got from Fido
Wap.fido.ca
homepage: Http:// fido.mobi
username: fido
password: fido

Internet.fido.ca
username: fido
password: fido
DNS

After i have input all this to my Nokia N8, i am still not able to use my Data guy i need help from you.

Thanks all

Moderator's Note:

IP address has been removed. We kindly ask you not to share  IP addresses publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.