Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

playing files from home network on N95 8GB?

Sage
liam182

playing files from home network on N95 8GB?

I am sharing my files from my laptop to my Playstation 3 via the router using TVersity.

Can the n95 8gb read the same files and play the music over my home network, if so how easy is it to do?

Liam
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: playing files from home network on N95 8GB?

Yes, it can.

You need to set up sharing from within Windows Media Player.

When browsing from the phone (using "Home Media" application), select a track, then select "Options" then "Play" then "On device".
Please use plain text.
Sage
liam182

i take it TVersity will work just as well then. Im using tversity for my PS3 file sharing...
Please use plain text.
Professor

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue what TVersity is!!
Please use plain text.
Sage
liam182

its a great media sharing program, better than media player and offers much greater support for other programs. On the Playstation 3 it enables it to play files that otherwise would not be playable.

Take a look at it just type it into googleand go to the homepage of it...

Worth a look...

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor

Thanks for the link, looks good! Looks like the same thing as Orb (which I'm using at the moment) but I don't know what the differences would be.

Back to your original question, users report the N80 as compatible so I guess the N95 will be as well.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can the n95 8gb read the same files and play the music over my home network, if so how easy is it to do?

Liam

Very easy, you may check this out:: SymPlayer - Network Audio Player for MP3 files.

All you need to do is to configure shared folder on your computer, place there MP3 files and then you can play them from SymPlayer on your phone. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
liam182

thanks.

I was hoping to use the N95 built in client though like I said above you can play n95 files on the PS3 using Tversity

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

SymPlayer software for S60 v3/5 can play mp3 files or folder with mp3 files on phone or directly from computer.

Please use plain text.