Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

something up with my n97 C drive memory?

Sage
St3ph3n

something up with my n97 C drive memory?

Is there anyway to reduce my n97 C drive without resetting because I only have 29.3 mb left after I installed Microsoft Silver light.

Also I have Qt installed which is 6mb -does anyone have Qt installed?-

thanks, i thought n97 will have more memory space after installing firmware v22

n97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: something up with my n97 C drive memory?

I don't what other apps you have installed but 29mb is a decent amount to have left on an N97. A reset with no apps installed would only yield around 60mb.  You could have a look at the thread linked below for suggestions to free up a bit more, but the reset is still the best way.

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Low-Phone-memory-c-memory-and-RAM-issues/td-p/535295

Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

oh ok, whats the reset code please, btw do you have Qt installed?
n97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The *#7370# reset should suffice although personally I prefer the the 3 button reset where you power off the phone, press and hold the backspace, space and caps keys, then turn the phone on while holding the other 3 keys until the handshake. As usual you should backup your phone before performing any resets as your data will be wiped.

No, I don't have Qt installed.

Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

yep i did the reset and got some space back, thanks. . thats weird.. why is it in my application manager in settings, it says Qt installed 6mb
n97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

If I am not mistaken Qt is part of the Nokia Image Space beta application from betalabs. Do you remember installing it? Strange it is still there after the reset. Which reset did you use and how much space did you end up with? Last time  I did the 3 finger reset, I ended up with I think 60.3mb.

Please use plain text.
Sage
St3ph3n

oh wait it disappeared haha, my opera mobile disappeared aswell o.o
n97.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Qt installed on my phone with Wikitude, removed it because I couldn't afford the space, I'd be happy with 29 meg after the apps you have installed, I'm down at 23 meg with java runtime installed !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.