Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: usb connection active when i open music librar...

Registered Member

usb connection active when i open music library?

ok...so for some reason out of nowhere when i try to open my music library, i get a usb connection active thing on my screen that looks like it is scanning and i can't get to my music this way.  i can access it through file manager off my memory card, and yesterday i was running it out of the music player...anyone know how to fix this...i went into the connectivity and under the usb tab it says no active connection so i'm not sure what to do...

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

Re: usb connection active when i open music library?

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. When I connect my N97 to PC using PC suite connectivity, & then I open Media Library, I get USB connection active!!! It takes ages to disappear (in fact, it stays there forever). I really do not know what is happening. Maybe it's trying to sync with the PC media... I do not know!!!

And when still connected, I also tried to open Music application of PC suite & played some music from my phone directly from my PC... The software freezed, hanged, & stopped responding, although I'm using the latest version of Music software....

It's really annoying...

Can anyone help??? or explain what's happening..

If you like my post & find it helpful click on the Kudos button... Thanks.. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

Anyone?, really help... this thing is really annoying...

how can we remove this "usb connection active" message" & y it's there on the 1st place...

It's taking like ages...:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

Hi again all,

I'm still facing the "USB connection Active" while I connect my N97 to the PC under PC suite mode & open Music Library...

I do not know the reason for this. I refreshed the library several times & I got no new music added!

I tried to connect through Media Transfer Mode, but also the same happens..

I do not know, if the device is trying 2 sync with my PC Music Library or not because I've over 50 GB of music on the PC...

So can Anyone help please on this??? Is this a bug or what?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm having the same experience on my e71.  Definitely a bug.

1.  If music player is open when USB is connected it freezes.  This is not corrected when the cable is disconnected.

2.  It is impossible to close the music player from the  process menu, so the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone.

Please use plain text.

I don't know if you're still having this problem but I seem to have fixed it on my N97.

I had read about OVI Suite causing some problems for beta testers so I installed the latest version of OVI and the problem stopped. It only came back when I tried the Nokia Music Player on my laptop. As this is not something I normally use I uninstalled it and the phone is now back to normal. Whether the messgage disappears after closing the player down I don't know.

But now I can now plug in the usb cable and select music player on the phone without "usb connection active" appearing.

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

I'm still facing the same problem even after updating my N97 firmware to v12 & using the latest version of Nokia PC Suite. I've never tried Ovi suite.. Honestly, I don't know if it's a bug with the phone software or PC suite.. It's annoying though..

I got several replies that the phone is trying 2 sync with my media files.. But I've more that 70GB of music files & I believe it takes ages to sync what I have on PC with that on my N97.. There must be a solution for this...

Does the latest version of Ovi Suite solve this when connecting the N97 to the PC & opening Music Player? Note that I always refresh My Library... 

Please use plain text.

Bump.

I unfortunately have no resolution for anyone. But hoping that someone at Nokia is looking into this. And to answer the previous post: I have the latest Ovi Suite.

This issue happens with my work PC that I use to sync to Exchange. I'll need to try to do so from home where I sync my music.

I have the latest OVI Suite and the latest Phone OS update to-date (Dec 27 2009)

Nokia Phone Software version V 20.2.019

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0.2.42

PC Connectivity Solution 9.45.0.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.23.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2009.40.0.60128

Maps Service API 3.0.38.0

Nokia mPlatform 2.6.40

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.1.0.77

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Edition, Service Pack 3
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.6

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 5.1.2600, Build: 5512)

Please use plain text.

Now that I think about it without being in front of my home PC, this does NOT happen at home: I can browse my music with my phone at home and cannot do that at work.

I'll compare the software versions when I get home at some point.

As a side note in case it helps anyone:

I do not use Music player or Ovi to sync my music. I use Winamp 5.5.2.

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

yea this is a bug and a big one. No matter what mode you have connected your N97 to the PC, you will still get that annoying message.  It wasn't there on n95, 6, so it's a bug. It ruined me, I.'ll never be the same.

N97 is all trouble, no matter-both software and hardware. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RCMadShane

Hi all this is happening on My N86 too... Exactly the same.. I have the very latest OVI Suite and when connected to my PC I am unable to play the music on my phone too...  I suppose the theory is when the phone is connected to your PC you would use the PC’s music library not the phones.. 

Am I right or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Please use plain text.