Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: vanishing phone memory

Counsellor
mtank

vanishing phone memory

I have 5233 vith 70mb internal memory.
I have 8 gb memory card and i download games n themes from ovi to my memory card. still my internal memory is dwindling fast yet my memory only shovs music and picture. my file manager indicates dat games n themes are in memory card. but i cant see them. also my phones lags n i have to click button several times before anything happens. Pleaz help.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mtank

vanishing phone memory

just wanted to add..i hav tried clearing cach memory only partially recovers somtimes not even that
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You should have the option to save your messages to memory card as well which could save a lot of space on the phone, also check your camera is aving photo's to memory card and not C phone memory !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mtank

both messages and photos are saved in memory card.. Is it my internet settings? what are the ideal settings?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It's not your internet settings as they don't affect memory, it's the cookies and saved searches, passwords etc that build up as you use the browser, every so often you need to clear your privacy data which will give you some space back, in browser select options, clear privacy data, clear all !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mtank

Thanks for clearing that up. I do clear all like you said. Problem is when i'm downloading everything to my memory card then why is my phone memory vanishing, is it normal?
P.S what is a kudo?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mtank

another thing, sometime a whole mb disappear in few hours though I haven't been online.
If i get an app like x-plore will it help? I had it but I deleted it 'coz. I didn't know which files to delete. Please tell what shud i delete
3rd: I have tried 'factory setting' 7370 code twice 1st time it installed games from memory but second time it said 'failed to install all data' why?. What I need to know is, is it harmful for phone to try the factory setting code more than once or twice?
Please use plain text.