Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Calendar sync option disabled

Registered Member
FanOfEs

Calendar sync option disabled

I used to sync my E61's calendar and notes with Outlook 2007 using PC Suite. After installing and installing Ovi Suite, the option to sync the calendar is disabled (grayed out). I have gone into Options>Calendar and tasks and chosen to sync with Outlook but still no luck.

Is there a problem on my side or is this option not available for the E61?

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

I guess u r using Bluetooth Connection :smileysurprised: 2 sync, yup i hav seen this with bluetooth, Can u chck using USB connection?

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oz_guy

What's the point then? You can connect thru wifi but you can't sync that way, you can connect thru bluetooth but can only sync some parts, not others. I don't want to use a cable, but the product info doesn't mention these limitations! Disappointing!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fappereira

I have exactly the same problem. It simply doesn't make any sense. Do you know if there is any preview to have this solved ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oz_guy

I uninstalled OVI & went back to PC Suite - it does what I want over bluetooth. Doesn't seem to be much help from Nokia people on this forum... or they don't have the answers either!

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

oz_guy wrote:

I uninstalled OVI & went back to PC Suite - it does what I want over bluetooth. Doesn't seem to be much help from Nokia people on this forum... or they don't have the answers either!

Hey,

This forum is not a dedicate one for issues related to Nokia OVI Suite, you can find it under Software Section of Nokia Discussion forum

Software

Software Updates
 Nokia OVI Suite
 PC and Mac SOftware
 Phone Applications 

In above Forum of Software, Under Nokia OVI Suite section, you can see some responses from Nokia people, So wud recommend you to post ur Nokia OVI SUite Issues under Nokia OVI Suite forum so it wud be replied :smileyhappy:

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Try to do backup of ur phone, then check if u can c options for Calender sync is enabled or not :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Cud u pls chck,

/t5/Nokia-Ovi-Suite/Sync-calendar-option-disabled/td-p/670760

Please use plain text.