Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cannot leave review comments on Ovi Store (if ...

Counsellor
lenaye

Cannot leave review comments on Ovi Store (if apps are downloaded on Device)

Hi

I am unable to leave review comments of apps which I downloaded directly from Ovi Store app from my N8 device. This is what happened.

On the N8 device:

Opened Ovi Store.

Searched for a particular app.

Download and run the app.

I then like to write the review for the app, so I log into my Ovi Store with the same account I used on my N8.

On Ovi Store site:

I logged in and clicked on My Stuff.

It shows a list of apps which I downloaded (either from the store or on N8).

I clicked on the app I want to review.

On the selected app page, clicked on Reviews tab.

I then clicked on 'Write a review for this item' button.

Result:

It shows the message:

"You must download or purchase this item to review it."

even though the app appears in the My Stuff, it still would not allow me to review it.

This happens a lot of the time (~ 505) on the apps I have in my My Stuff.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Cannot leave review comments on Ovi Store (if apps are downloaded on Device)

Try this..

When the item is listed under 'My Stuff'.. click on the application icon.. then see if you get the Review Comments Tab working..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lenaye

Re: Cannot leave review comments on Ovi Store (if apps are downloaded on Device)

Hi farby, thanks for your reply.

If you read my steps carefully, I did mention that. I clicked on the app link on My Stuff, which opens the app page. I  then clicked on the Reviews tab and then clicked on 'Write a reivew for this item' button.

See attached images.

Note: The issue is on the store.ovi.com site, not the Ovi store app on my device.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

OK.. Sorry to miss that out.. But it is surprising that its not showing DOWNLOADED with a Green Tick Mark as this attachment shows..and that seems to be the problem..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lenaye

I think I seemed to found a problem.

If I logout and log back in and then check the apps in My Stuff, it knows that apps have been Downloaded and allowed me to write review on it.

But if I leave the session opened for a while (not sure how long) and then click on My Stuff again, Ovi Store somehow loses my session details and the app page show Send to Mobile instead, even thought I'm still log in and I can go to my Account page and view My Stuff.

This clearly looks like a bug in Ovi Store user session management. I had the same problem in Ovi Maps as well, so looks like a site-wide problem on ovi.com

Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello lenaye,

When you were finally able to submit a review, did you submit the review from your mobile device or from your computer?

Thank you,

Unsu

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ch4dwick

lenaye's solution seems to be a solution. You login/logout recently then proceed to the app. You will now be able to write a review.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dalby69

"lenaye's solution seems to be a solution. You login/logout recently then proceed to the app. You will now be able to write a review."

It's silly that you have to do it but it does work.

Please use plain text.
mbukovac

I'm also having the same problem.

After i've downloaded/installed/launched an app (for example: Horus) from mobile Ovi Store client, I'm not able to leave an review (while at the same time, I am able to do it  for some other apps).

On mobile Ovi Store client I go to: Account->My stuf->[Some App]->Review

For some apps Review button is present, while for some it is not there....

thnx

Please use plain text.