Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Clering OVI data

Counsellor
lord_phoenix

Clering OVI data

Hello all,

does some one know how to clear all contacts\calendar\notes\tasks in OVI? I had my Nokia N95 that I sync with OVI, then I used Nokia E51 that I also sync with OVI and now I'm using Nokia 5800 XM. The problem is that I have contacts from all sync and it's not deleting but only uploading contacts and events in calendar. Now I have around 600 contacts uploaded and I need to delete them all and upload my actual contacts. Any ideas how to avoid one-by-one deletion?

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music + 8 Gb Nokia microSD class 6
Please use plain text.
Employee
erga

Re: Clering OVI data

sync once with your phone to get all the 600 to your phone. delete all contacts from the phone and sync again. Should clear ovi if you have "sync both ways" enabled in settings (by default it is on).

Mind you that this clears all your contacts so you better have a backup somewhere.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lord_phoenix

Re: Clering OVI data

Well then it should delete all unused contacts, isn't it? Anyway I'll try it and we will see. Thanks
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music + 8 Gb Nokia microSD class 6
Please use plain text.