Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Heavy trouble with OVI/Nokia mail

Advisor

Heavy trouble with OVI/Nokia mail

Hi there, 

I'm experiencing heavy trouble with my OVI/Nokia email account since quite some time.

- The whole web Interface is non-functional: I can log into the account and view Emails but none of the buttons are working (like reply, even settings, log off etc. don't work).

I see this behaviour in multiple browser on multiple OS (chrome, FF, IE all WIN, Safari on Mac)

- In the mail client the client mostly responds that the mail server has rejected my password, sometimes it works..... (yes, I know my password :smileyhappy:, mail client mail.app on lion)

Is there something wrong with OVI Mail? My feeling is that since moving to Yahoo the service seems crippled.

Thanks and regs, Stephan

Nokia N8 dark grey, Symbian Belle
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
agi67

I share your pain!

Ovi Mail has been nothing but problems for me.  Currently it will not work at all with Outlook 2010 or my new Nokia Lumia 800.

Pretty poor service!

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Thanks for your feedback. There is the issue on service now, if the Date of Birth Setting in your Nokia Account indicates that you are less than 13 years of age. R&D is investigating this.

This problem only affects users to access their Nokia Mail accounts via the web. Device and web app (such as Outlook) users should not be affected.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the update.

re. web interface: looking forward to it, web interface is unusable atm.

re. mail client: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does the mail servers have any access limits?

For the sake of completeness: Nokia mail is still a imap service, isn't it?

The connecting server is imap.mail.ovi.com with all the 'old' account and access information from the previous OVI service?

If you need anything don't hesitate @StephanDanner.

Nokia N8 dark grey, Symbian Belle
Please use plain text.

Since Ovi mail merged with Yahoo I have had constant problems with Outlook 2010 unable to connect to the imap server, It may work the whole day occasionally but then it cannot connect for days on end (as is the case now) the web interface & mail on my N8 works OK. Will this problem ever get fixed?
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

Long time ago, I've ever sign up for Ovi Mail. But, it is rather not perfect, even using PC. Right now it's better, looks Ovi Mail powered by Yahoo! cause its display is the same like Yahoo! Mail.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nadiab

FYI I've managed to set up ovi mail on map.app (Mac osx default mail client) but it only worked when I closed and opened the computer, and have had to use the pop account rather than imap. Strange! Let me know if anybody needs the settings for ports etc. Nadia
Please use plain text.