Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Hotmail no longer sync to server!

Counsellor
ekstamC

Hotmail no longer sync to server!

[ Edited ]

Why is this?? What have changed? My two Hotmail email accounts have synced everything(folders and old emails) constantly for 3 years until a few weeks ago...nobody seem to know anyhting about this! My phones are N8 and 808...

When choosing "Hotmail" on the list it seem much liter settings than before...only Exchange ActiveSync work like I want now but it only support ONE email account...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Re: Hotmail no longer sync to server!

Hi ekstamC, 

Delete the Hotmail account set up on the phone and then try to manually configure the settings upon setting up using the details below: 

• Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)
  • Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (TLS enabled, port 587)  
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ekstamC

Ive tried everything, and I dont think you understand what I mean....my two hotmail accounts only downloads new emails and erase emails Ive erased on my computer and webbased Hotmail. And when Ive set up my Hotmail accounts in myphone it shows only 50 and all are shown as unread...it doesnt feel if an email is old or already opened. And no personal folders are downloaded anymore...only inbox and some more standard folders which are empty. And the sync can no longer be called sync....nothing I do on the phone will alter the web/computer based Hotmail account...only Exchange AcyiveSync can do this nowadays but only allow one email.....as I said, for years my two hotmails account in my N8 and 808 have synced my Hotmail accounts entirely in real time and fully synced with the Hotmail servers... Something have changed somewhere...ive heard pop3.live.com cant even do this Ive had for years..still it has been done, like the Exchange ActiveSync do....  I had much more options before when choosing "Hotmail" when setting up the email accounts in my phone...its like there have been a secret updated that make this function much liter and now my btot email widgets only show new emails basicly...nothing more abnd my important personal foldersare not downloaded into my phone. Ive written plenty pots about this but none want to understand or answer me...something fishy is goin on!

I want my emails to work as IMAP4 does if you Google on it...it has worked like I had IMAP4 for 3 years now...until a month back.. Help!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Contact Nokia Care and ask them to verify if there is a Nokia Messaging accoutn active for your phone and if so have them remove it. You can reach them by mail, chat or phone through the 'contact us' link on on this page

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ekstamC

Cant reach them on phone, waited for hours and no reply on email 2-3weeks ago...now Ive seen other threads like this one, what goin on? Whats wrong, Microsoft and Hotmail owns Nokia, why cant Hotmail no longer work with Symbian Belle? is this just to force me to by WP? Will never happen!
Please use plain text.