Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How can I redownload applications that I've purcha...

How can I redownload applications that I've purchased from Ovi Store?

Hi everyone,

I downloaded several apps from Ovi store, but since upgrading my phone's firmware (at Nokia's request) I have lost my purchases, and can't redownload them. Does anyone know how I can access them again?

I tried contacting Nokia support via their UK website, and initally got a very friendly response, but as my request was bounced between several departments emails became less frequent, and eventually the correspondence stopped. Furthermore, my requests for updates on their progress have been repeatedly ignored.

That was nearly three months ago.

I provided all the account, purchase, and technical details Nokia asked for within a few hours of Ovi support requesting them, but have had nothing in return. Does anyone know how I can get support to listen to me? If anyone from Nokia reads is reading this, could you please process my request? Or at least give me an update?

I'm normally a huge fan of Nokia's products, but unfortunately have to report that their "support" is amongst the worst I have ever encountered.

For the record, the apps I purchased were Tetris, Bejeweled and Best Timer.

Regards,

Andrew

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lilhaiti

Re: How can I redownload applications that I've purchased from Ovi Store?

Have you tried going to the "My Stuff" tab in the Ovi Store on the phone.  If you are logged in it should show you everything that you previously downloaded.  If not just try to download the apps again using the app and see what happens.  Make sure you are logged in.  Hope that helps.  If not you would probably have to contact Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

Same here just got my phone back today and I need to redownload gravity again! Wish this can be sorted out quickly taking into consideration the amount of times my N97 has to be reset or repaired I'll forever be asking Nokia to load it up for me.
Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Right now your only option is to contact nokia. Either in the OVI store client in the web or the phone.

In the phone open the ovi store then go to OPTIONS -> ACCOUNT -> HELP then scroll all the way down the help and you will find a button called CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Press it and you will get a form

FIll the form and in the message add the details of when you bought/downloaded the application. 

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

el_loco wrote:

Right now your only option is to contact nokia. Either in the OVI store client in the web or the phone.

In the phone open the ovi store then go to OPTIONS -> ACCOUNT -> HELP then scroll all the way down the help and you will find a button called CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Press it and you will get a form

FIll the form and in the message add the details of when you bought/downloaded the application. 

cheers el

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Glad to be of help :smileyhappy:

El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

Hi again

I contacted Nokia via the OVI "contact us" regarding Gravity purchase but got a reply saying that the records show that the credit card purchase did not not go through, which I find bemusing coz I never used a credit card I selected charge to phone bill and it did appear on my bill. 

So now they will not reload it to my account despite the fact that they've already had to do it for me after the last hard reset. I just received my phone on Thursday after a couple weeks away for repairs(N97), I've already had to do a hard reset since receiving it so it looks like Nokia support will have to reload my purchased apps on a regular untill they rework OVI store to enable us automatically redownload our purchases.

Could any of you moderators check this one out for me cheers.

Please use plain text.
Employee

FluidDruid wrote:

Hi everyone,

I downloaded several apps from Ovi store, but since upgrading my phone's firmware (at Nokia's request) I have lost my purchases, and can't redownload them. Does anyone know how I can access them again?

I tried contacting Nokia support via their UK website, and initally got a very friendly response, but as my request was bounced between several departments emails became less frequent, and eventually the correspondence stopped. Furthermore, my requests for updates on their progress have been repeatedly ignored.

I provided all the account, purchase, and technical details Nokia asked for within a few hours of Ovi support requesting them, but have had nothing in return. Does anyone know how I can get support to listen to me? If anyone from Nokia reads is reading this, could you please process my request? Or at least give me an update?

I'm normally a huge fan of Nokia's products, but unfortunately have to report that their "support" is amongst the worst I have ever encountered.

Regards,

Andrew

Hello FluidDruid,

I have sent links to download your purchased applications Bejeweled, Tetris and Best Timer to your device. Please send me a pm if you need anything else.

Thank you,

congested

Please use plain text.
Employee

phatdumi wrote:

Hi again

I contacted Nokia via the OVI "contact us" regarding Gravity purchase but got a reply saying that the records show that the credit card purchase did not not go through, which I find bemusing coz I never used a credit card I selected charge to phone bill and it did appear on my bill. 

So now they will not reload it to my account despite the fact that they've already had to do it for me after the last hard reset. I just received my phone on Thursday after a couple weeks away for repairs(N97), I've already had to do a hard reset since receiving it so it looks like Nokia support will have to reload my purchased apps on a regular untill they rework OVI store to enable us automatically redownload our purchases.

Could any of you moderators check this one out for me cheers.

Hello phatdumi,

I checked into your account and I am unable to find any information concerning your attempted purchase. Please pm me a brief description of your problem for my reference and the following information used during your purchase.

Nokia Account used during purchase:
Email address used during purchase:
Transaction ID:
Activation Code (if you have it)
Phone Number (Please include country code):

Thank you,
congested

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

congested wrote:

FluidDruid wrote:

Hi everyone,

Regards,

Andrew

Hello FluidDruid,

I have sent links to download your purchased applications Bejeweled, Tetris and Best Timer to your device. Please send me a pm if you need anything else.

Thank you,

congested

Thanks!

It's a shame that it took a post on a discussion board to get this resolved, when going through the correct channels failed, but everything is working now, so that's the main thing.

Andrew

Message Edited by FluidDruid on 06-Oct-2009 11:35 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

I tried completing the Customer Support form too but they've handily blanked out the 'Topic' field and it won't let you submit the form without it.

I've got a Nokia E71 and I have spent the entire day trying to the original OVI application. Initially it seemed to work well and so I purchased Tetris at £1.50 & Advanced Brain Game at £4. Then OVI prompted me to upgrade to the newer version of OVI (0.38 instead of 0.31 or something?) so waited an hour for that to download - and now I've ended up with nothing. After re-botting the phone was reset to fcatory settings, I'm down £5.50 with no sign of the games and themes I spent the entire day downloading and MOST frustratingly - you can't even complain about it cos the support form is duff!

AAAARGH!

Can anyone help?

Lady G

Message Edited by LadyG76 on 24-Oct-2009 06:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

[ Edited ]
Try contacting Nokia directly by phone HERE
Message Edited by el_loco on 27-Oct-2009 06:40 PM

El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
netoak

Just to say that in my case, with last Ovi Store Version (1.5.387) I am capable to download all previously bought applications.

Today when I open the program, this notify me there's a new version I download and enable me that option. 

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mistery.
Today is a gift.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluemoon33

any one out there that can hepl me...please...! Ovi support is uselesss!!!!! I tried to download tetris the other day...i have been charged for the game but it didnt download to my phone. Have contacted the necesssary people to resolve this problem to no avail!!! Im £1.50 poorer with nothing to show for it...any suggestions???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nokijoef

I purchased TETRIS TWICE and used it.  But after a phone reset and re-install I AGAIN find it

missing from the phone AND from my purchase list.  Can only find the "TRIAL" version online now too!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zanir

On my case it's the same issue, lot of my apps purchased request to be purchased again and lot of apps now are gone. I'm sure haven't been downloading more than 2 times, so I'm too far away from the limit of 10.

Here is my id on Nokia: Zanir

Hoping you can resolve it. Anyone can help? So maybe I can send a PM (with all my puchases numbers)? Or maybe we can resolve it? In fact already sent an email to the support sales... and still I don't get any reply and has been the 3rd time I open a ticket to them. Or do we need a phone number to call? so maybe a person can focus on our issues?

Thanks, H.

Please use plain text.