Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to delete all contacts from my online OVI ...

Counsellor

How to delete all contacts from my online ovi account?

Hi,

I have uploaded my mobile contacts to ovi.com , now I want to delete them all but the only option I have is to delete them one by one which is a real pain!

Any idea please?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: How to delete all contacts from my online ovi account?

You are right. On Ovi Services I cannot see an option to delete all contacts in one action. Your best bet may be to delete your Ovi Services account itself, and start again / re-register if you plan to use Ovi.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have the same problem, if Nokia do not see this is a bug and try to fix it ASAP, people are going away..
Please use plain text.

Same here.... Cannot delete all contacts at once.:smileysad:

Also, when i clicked on Ovi mail and click on contacts, there were no contacts.

How can nokia be so careless as they cannot link the ovi contacts to ovi mail.:smileymad:

It could be one of the option to delete all of them at once in OVI mail.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Sage
sujaythelibran

Hi,

Refer this post

/t5/Ovi-com-Ovi-Store-Ovi-Share-and/How-to-delete-ALL-entries-from-OVI-account/m-p/628248#M3270

"If this post helped you solve your query, please do click the KUDOS tab."

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had the same problem where I could not delete the contacts from ovi.com. But there is a better fix than the whole messy saga of deleting from the phone and then from OVI suite on your pc etc...

When you log on to the ovi.com site DO NOT GO to contacts but rather go to mail.

Once you are in mail look at the folders on the left hand side. Just under 'Compose' will be 'Address Book'. Go to 'Address Book' once there you will see that you can delete multiple contacts.

The people at Nokia are quite dumb to have not made it possible to delete multiple contacts by just going to contacts. This solution for deleting multiple contacts was something I accidentally stumbled upon. I sincerely hope this helps others who had the same problem I had.

F**k Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
neerajvohra

Wonderful !!

Great trick mate. Finally I deleted all my information fron Nokia F**king ovi contacts. Bye Bye Nokia. I am loving my Android :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ddexter

Man! it worked! Cool!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nbourget

Yes, you can delete multiple contacts from OVI Mail but be warned that the contacts you'll delete will be deleted also on your phone !!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Future4merUser

Re: How to delete all contacts from my online OVI account?

Excellent - thanks! (And if anyone has shares in Nokia, now's a good time to sell!)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kme60

Hi thanks for this.  I successfully deleted them all in contacts BUT they are all still in Mail.  How do I delete both sets?

Thanks, Kevin

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have not had to deal with this problem for a while but according to my last post you simply go to address book in contacts and then do multiple selections and just hit delete but be warned I think once you do that if you sync your phone with OVI suite the phone have all of its contacts deleted.

There is a way to specify in OVI suite which copy gets preference meaning whether what is on the phone is reflected on OVI suite vice versa. If you use the first option if the phone has 5 contacts and OVI 200 once you finish the SYNC OVI will have only 5. It works in the same way in reverse if you do it the other way. But I am not sure whether the setting is to be set in the sync settings on the phone or on OVI suite I never had much success with this setting I always ended up duplicating or deleting contacts as I never really bothered to really figure out how it works.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohantyy

Thans man, It really helped.

keep up the good work..:smileyhappy:

Regads

SUV

Please use plain text.