Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to redownload apps from Ovi Store

Counsellor
hary536
Accepted Solution

How to redownload apps from Ovi Store

Hi,

I formatted my memory card and did a factory reset on my phone. So all my downloaded apps from Ovi Store are gone now from MC.

Now when i go to Ovi store to redownload those apps, download button is grayed out. So how can i re-download these apps?

Any solution?

If you like my post, hit the Kudo button on the right! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hary536

Ok,

I found the solution. I had to uninstall ovi store from my phone and went to store.ovi.com via browser, which then redownloaded the ovi store and now I can redownnload my previous apps.

Wish this was not required.

If you like my post, hit the Kudo button on the right! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kwameA

your a genius

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

u can set another account for free application, i have never purchase paid application, so i dont know how to solve.

Please use plain text.
mraudio

Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aepjohnson

Didn't work for me. Now I don't have OVI store. Not a great loss though. Still I wish the redownload had worked

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
melodywhippet

Tried but still wants me to pay again so not happy. thanks for advice
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Goto OVI Store site thru' the browser and click 'My Stuff'.. It will display all the applications you have already downloaded.. Click on the Picture Icon of the application you want to re-install.. Now you will see the 'DOWNLOAD' tab...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cellhead

None of those worked for me. I also had to format the memory card and have now lost a couple of free apps that I can no longer download. Any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello cellhead,

If you have exhausted all of the suggestion on the forums (like unistalling, and using "My Stuff") then try calling/emailing your local contact center for help.  You can find the "Contact us" link in the upper right hand corner and enter your location. http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

I hope this helps,

Unsu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
conflict

My phone was infected some time ago by a virus. When i got rid of the virus, i noticed that ovi store doesn't open on my phone again. It says conflict with something and when i check, its shows nothing. I hav reset my phone and it didn't work. Is there anything i can do to get ovi store back on my phone?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RichAtkins

Having been through a similar experience, it would be really useful to have a section of "my downloaded apps" so you could click on them to download again, preferably with a choice of doing this to the PC using broadband - which would also get round the understandable but frustrating limit of 5 SMS per day (when I had more than 5 apps downloaded that I wanted to reinstall ...)

Rich

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

'My Downloaded Applications' is there in the name of 'MY STUFF' but people are facing problem downloading from there also as the most common complain is .. can't see the DOWNLOAD tab.. (Though I never had any problem Re-downloading..)

I have read on this forum that downloading to PC is not provided to discourage Software Piracy....

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
klynjd

I downloaded IM+ talk, and paid $6.99 for it.  When it started to download it instantly shut off my phone and now it seems to have vanished.  It's not on my phone, and it's not in the Ovi Store- "My Stuff" but I have a confirmation email of my purchase....  What do I do??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Use the 'Contact Us' link at the top of this page...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chetanp2126

MY memory got corrupted and I had iinsert a new card and the games which I had download from ovi store is formatted, again,I am trying to download I am not to use download, Since it does not allow to redownload again ,What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello chetanp2126,

If you have exhausted all of the suggestion on the forums (like unistalling, and using "My Stuff") then try calling/emailing your local contact center for help.  You can find the "Contact us" link on the green menu bar in the upper right hand corner.

I hope this helps,

Unsu

Please use plain text.
casio1950

How do you uninstalled the ovi store.? I have nokia n8, and cant installed ovi store on my computer.:smileysad:
after an crash here, i had to reset my phone, and now i can download ovi store, but get and error when i try to install it. :smileysad:
Regards
Casio
Please use plain text.
Employee
Unsu

Hello casio1950,

I am a little confused my your post.  You do not want to try to install Ovi Store onto your computer.  You install Ovi Store to your mobile device. 

You can use the Ovi Store on your computer (store.ovi.com).  There you send links from your computer to your phone, but you do not actually download them to your computer.

I hope this helps,

Unsu

Please use plain text.
fiederelsje183

Uninstalling the Ovi store app did not work for me. After formatting my memory card, I had to reinstall my apps. I removed the Ovi Store app, so I could reinstall the apps again. With one app this did not work (Soundhound). When I started reinstalling I got the message "update error". Too bad, as I have paid for this app......

I sent my complaint to Nokia two weeks ago, hope they can come with a solution for me.

Please use plain text.